Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old recordings on CD found on E-bay

This guy has thousands of recordings going back to the 4o's He has specialty sets, a Norwood set with 12 years on it if anyone is interested along with a lot of those corps that were mentioned in the gone post. Go to E-bay search under drum corps all categories I think most of the three hundred something listings are his, but under Drum and Bugle Corps musical library, you'll find the library list.

Re: Old recordings on CD found on E-bay

Does he have the 1971 Imperial Cadets? Still don't have that one - the only performance in my 10 seasons that I don't have!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arrnager

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Re: Old recordings on CD found on E-bay

I went out and check out some of this. There's one CD that has 12 recordings from 1954 to 1968. Interestingly, 1965 isn't listed and their are about six recordings of shows from that year that are available. Also the cover shot is the group picture of the 1966 corps that is posted on this site.

There are CDs of some corps like Our Lady of Mercy in Milwaukee and the Milwaukee Militares.

There is another site called Preserve Our Drum Corps History that has a lot of recordings of corps (including Norwood) from a wide range of years. Used to be that you ordered on line and the guy cut you a CD but when I checked out the site a couple of months ago he now has a feature where you buy the recordings you want and directly download them--like Amazon and even DCI.

Seems like a lot more recordings are available now than in 2005 when Keith Normandin and I produced the Norwood CD.