Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Michael

Sheryll and Jeff Pearson
Hi my friends, it is with a heavy heart that I will tell you that my son, Michael Pearson lost his life on November 5, 2009, in the shooting at Fort Hood, it was a great loss to what he had to contribute this world!

Michael Pearson
" I look only to the future for wisdom. To rock back and forth in my wooden chair. Grow out the beard of the earth and play my experience through sound. Not alway pleasant, but just as important. For each note must represent my love, pain, and experience. Everyone has a place in my story. And someday I'll play a tune that represents you and the role you played in my life."
Michael Pearson

Re: Michael

Very sad news. The hearts of all Imperials go out to you and offer sincere condolences to your family.

From Sandra Littlefield Damit:

I'm very sorry for your loss & I would like to say thank you for his courage and pride .

Sandra Damit

This note was posted on the website for the Holy Name Cadets (Garfield Cadets):

We just received this sad news from the Norwood Park Imperials Alumni of the death of the son of an Imperials Dad, an American serviceman serving his country. I believe I can speak for all Cadet Alumni in saying that our hearts are filled with sorrow at this tragic loss. To his parents and those who knew and loved him, we mourn with you.

From: Sheryll and Jeff Pearson:" Hi my friends, it is with a heavy heart that I will tell you that my son, Michael Pearson lost his life on November 5, 2009, in the shooting at Fort Hood, it was a great loss to what he had to contribute this world."

This brings the world situation much closer to home. Jeff, Michael's Dad, was a soprano in the Imperials in the early 1970s. God Bless all those who wear the uniform of our military for their service, and far too often for the supreme sacrifice of their lives.

Jeff,

Words can never express the sadness I feel for you today. Please know that my thoughts - as well as those of all Imperials, and all Americans - are with you at this terrible time. Be proud of what your son stood for, and we all thank you, and him, for his service for us.

Bob Shreffler

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arrnager

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Fred C Dame’s funeral homes
3200 Black road
Joliet, IL 60431

Wake Friday 9:00 am till 10 pm
Saturday 9:00 am
Eulogy 2:00 pm
Procession 3:00 pm

Some information:

Fred C Dame’s funeral homes
3200 Black Road (at Essington)
Joliet, IL 60431
(815) 207-7402

The funeral home is located about ½ mile east of I55 and a mile north of I80. If coming from the north on I55, there is NO exit at Black Road.

Instead, (going south) pass Black Road and exit at exit 253, US52, toward Shorewood/ Joliet.

Turn right at E. Jefferson Road, then take the 1st right onto the Interstate Frontage Road, which leads back to Black Road

Turn right onto Black Road and proceed to Essington

DO ATTEND THE WAKE OR SERVICES IF YOU CAN .. SUPPORT AN IMPERIALS FAMILY IN A VERY TOUGH TIME!

If you can't attend, then send a note:

Address:

Jeff and Sheryll Pearson

172 Beaconridge Dr.

Bolingbrook, IL 60440

Thanks for the address. I'm trying my best to be there tomorrow. Have cried every time I see the news clips. As a parent I can't image.

I will be there in spirit. And I have written to the director of the funeral home (a former high school classmate of mine, and a drummer) to make sure they take the best care of Michael, and Jeff and the family. I've not been able to get this off my mind.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arrnager

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Interesting report in the Chicago area "Daily Herald" about the return of Michael Pearson from Texas. Copy the link shown and place in your browser.

This story has received a lot of media attention in Chicago, and some of the local nutcases and protesters are also active. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Body of Bolingbrook Fort Hood victim back home
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

By Jakes Griffin and Lee Filas
Daily Herald Staff
The body of a Bolingbrook native killed in the massacre at Fort Hood in Texas last week arrived home Thursday.

Read the story at http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=336031
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For a week now, I've been trying to find the words to express myself. I have none.

The event itself, and then this news of its devastating effect on one of our alumni, are very difficult to comprehend. Terrorism has no boundaries.

May Michael rest in peace.

Hundreds say good-bye to Michael Pearson. See the report in the "Daily Herald"

Copy the link shown below and place in your browser.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=336604

any alumni comments/ thoughts about the services or funeral?