Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Starting a new color guard

From Imperials alum Tom Day. If you are interested, give Tom a shout!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Looking for Alumni Men and Women that would like to form a Color Guard and Firing Team

Hi Tom Day here. I was wondering if you could get the word out to as many Corps Folks that I would like to start a Color Guard which could lead the Chicago Memorial Day Parade and others in the area. Also a rifle team. I have the working M1's and would supply the uniforms and there would be no dues. No entry fee. Practice once a month. Uniforms to be decided by the unit if established, somehow relating to all the corps involved.

Tom Day 708-484-9029
e-mail: Tomjday@sbcglobal.net

Re: Starting a new color guard

Subject: News release: The All Age Color Guard and spinning Rifle unit with Music unit. 2010

The name is Special Honors for Heroes, Colors Unit.
Sponsor: www.buglesacrossamerica.org
and www.buglecall.org
Practice will be on a Weekend Day, The dates to be announced.
Some ideas on shows we can do....
1. Be in the front area of the Chicago Memorial Day Parade.
2. Be a part of the Heartland Tatoo, Sears Arena
3. Special Flag Day Show for the Elks
4. Other shows upon a request from the shows and Parades out there.
ie Echo Taps from the Heart in Elkhart, Wisc. Nov. 2010

Missions......Now looking for a central practice place.

Uniform; For the Flag line and non spinning rifles that are in the Flag line the uniform will be BDU's
This will be a light color and folks of all shapes and size can look great in them. Foot Gear...Desert Boots. No shinning. Black Gloves.

Spinning rifles: Black uniforms of their choice or what ever they design.

Horn solo and drummers we can work on that as well.

There is no join up fee, , no dues, and the uniforms will be supplied free.

I have eight M1's of our own.

Should Spinning Rifles need new gear we will supply.

I have over 195 Flags on light weight poles and all flags are 3x5 and light weight too.

The unit will start out with the American Flag, POW/MIA flag, the new Purple Heart flag, The new Gold Star Mothers Flag, The BAA new flag, The 150th Anniversary of Taps Flag. Once we get more in the flag line we can add more flags. And Sabers.

We can also do Flag History, flag shows to open Band And Drum Corps Shows and conventions and reunions. Program already in place for 7 historic American Flags, Music an history all ready recorded on cd.

If your from a drum corps and would like to have the patch of your old corps on the right shoulder that's great. We can also order special shoulder cords in your old corps colors. We have a place that makes them. Cords worn on the right shoulder.

Should we need Field Jackets with linners for Cold weather we can get those too. If it's to hot at a parade we can roll the seleves all the same. No tight collar, it's open and NO ties. One standard color for the Head gear which will be a Beret. We'll take a vote on color.

Should independent Horn players and Drummers which to participate they are also welcome. I have horns and Drums and carriers.

Well that is about it for now. Please tell a friend and get on my mailing list. All suggestions welcome. Let's get up and do some Marching.
Tom Day 2010 63 years of music and marching.