Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CORPS JACKETS!

Rich Biver recently posted a comment about an alumnus wearing an Imperials Corps jacket:

Tom Cushing wore his Norwood jacket underneath this other jacket he had on, that one had some Drum Corps patches on it, I didn't really didn't get a good look at that one. But when he took that outer jacket off and we saw the Norwood jacket, we all had a good
laugh from it. It was great.
----------------------------------------------------

Gosh, how many of our alumni still have their corps jackets?
I know that mine is "long gone". And, if even if I still had it here, it would NOT fit me! :(

John Tomaszek tells me that he not only has his original corps jacket but it still fits him! He might be lying, but he does do a lot of bicycle and running exercize, so he might be telling the truth.

So.... who still has their corps jackets ??

Re: CORPS JACKETS!

Still got mine!

Actually, this was my second, but it's an original.

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 1960-1965

I think I still have mine from 78-79 somewhere. We had gone to a windbreaker style by then - not as nice as the originals, but more practical. Dad may still have the original ones in Joliet, though. And none of mine fit either - not even close...

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Mine still fits but age is taking its toll (It is the original style 1963 vintage). Cuffs are starting to fall off. I know Bobbi Walters' fits her.
I know Bill B. did a lot of work a few years ago to have replicas made. Too bad we didn't get enough orders to have a run made.

What did you do in the Corps? Drum

What years were you a Corps member? 60-69

Just to let you know,Tom's jacket was a little
snug on him.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

I wish I still had my jacket.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

I still have my jacket but it doesn't fit. Got it when I was about 14 and it was actually too small when I got to be 16.

My sister, Margaret, still has her's and it fits. There is a picture posted in the photo section that was taken in about 2005 with her wearing it.

My jacket was too tight.......I don't weigh 130 lbs any more.....gave it to my daughter Gail who promised to wear it to corps shows.....she goes to 2 or 3 shows a year.....some with her Dad......priceless!

What did you do in the Corps? baritone

What years were you a Corps member? 63-70

I saw mine in the back of a closet recently and wondered why I'm keeping it and what I'll ever do with it. Since clothes from 2 years ago don't even fit me that jacket has no chance.

I also have a box in my attic with a shako and other assorted corps items.

What did you do in the Corps? Soprano

What years were you a Corps member? 1974-1979, 1981

Jim,

You're supposed to display the shako proudly somewhere (I actually have three corps hats, a jacket, some sticks, and other various oddments displayed around the house). Unfortunately, my DM hat from 78-79 I don't have, because I wore it all summer in 80 for rehearsals and, sadly, it didn't survive... And someday I'll add the Norwood crown flag that Dad still has displayed in his house!

I can see it now Bob - my Madison hat in the family room, my shako in the living room and spats hanging from the dining room chandelier. Somehow I don't think my wife would appreciate those touches to the interior decorating!

Jim, it is all in the packaging/presentation...

What did you do in the Corps? Drum

What years were you a Corps member? 60-69

Re: corps memorabilia .... agree about presentation!

Roman Blenski bought his old brass baritone when the corps got the chrome horns. Made a lamp out of it! Looked good.

Jim,

I have one little corner of a shelf above our couch for everything mentioned earlier. And yes, it gets smaller everytime we redecorate - but it's still there!

And Dad has a lamp he made out of a soprano in the Cadets!

I recall seeing some horn lamps that someone within the corps had made somewhere once. It may have been for some type of fundraiser. If not that then they may have been given away as major awards.

I still have mine and is the same wind breaker type that Bob was talking about. I was going to say that I can "still" fit into it. But, since I have gone through various personal size changes, saying "still" wouldn't be accurate. So, I'm going to play it safe and say that as of this morning, I can put it on and button it up!! Next year? Who knows........

What did you do in the Corps? Sop

What years were you a Corps member? 1979

He's alive!!!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare;Drum Major;Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73;78-79