Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drum Humor on Cable??

Was watching the new FX series Justified. They had a prison band on early in the show. Some members escaped. Later, one of the escaped members was talking about the drummer's only crime as being a bad drummer. He could play a paradiddle but that's about it. That's when my ear's picked up. The next line from the lead character - How can you tell when a bad drummer is outside your door? The knock speeds up!

OK. Not a real laugher, maybe a groan. But you gotta wonder what the writer was thinking - what a small audience to target with those lines.

At any rate, this is the first drum humor I recall on TV.

What did you do in the Corps? Drum

What years were you a Corps member? 60-69

Re: Drum Humor on Cable??

John, an interesting bit. Now I will have to think about any drum humor or references I have heard on TV.

Re: Drum Humor on Cable??

I sure don't recall any other drum jokes - either on TV or in movies.

I just thought it was so strange to be so specifice for such a small % of the population.

What did you do in the Corps? Drum

What years were you a Corps member? 60-69