Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mystery Alumni Type Corps?

I was in Chicago for a business meeting on Tuesday (April 6). Quick trip--flew in Monday late and left early Wednesday. Stayed at Marriott near Cumberland and the Kennedy Expressway. I had dinner at Morretti's Pizza in Edison Park and on my way there I passed the Park Ridge VFW Post on Higgins and Canfield at about 7pm. There were a couple of guys playing drums in front (Higgins Rd) of the building and as I passed the parking lot after turning on to Canfield there were about 20 bugles practicing. They were older men.

I assume that was probably the Cavalier's alumni corps as the Park Ridge Post used to be the Cavalier's sponsor when they were the Park Ridge Cavaliers.

Always try to get to Moretti's when I'm in Chicago. We have some decent pizza places in San Francisco Bay Area but not quite the same as Moretti's. Edison Park is also a fantastic place for resturants.

What did you do in the Corps? Baritone

What years were you a Corps member? Cadets 1959 through 1961 Imperials 1962 through 1966

Re: Mystery Alumni Type Corps?

John,

I believe that was the Cavaliers' alumni corps.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79