Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad newsw: Dale Bowman

Our good friend and fellow Imperial, Dale Bowman, is suffering from a very rare disease called Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. This disease is degenerative and weakens the muscles and body. The disease has 4 stages, and Dale is now in the 4th stage. He is now bedridden at his home in Santa Maria, CA. :(

Dale has been involved with Norwood/Imperials for many years. For almost 30 years Dale organized the West Coast contingent, on their visits to annual DCI National Championships and local contests.

Dale's wife, Nancy, thought it would be wonderful for Dale to receive cards. Dale’s address is 2402 LaCosta Dr., Santa Maria, CA 93455. I encourage ALL Imperials alumni to send cards of greetings and encouragement to Dale and his wife!

Re: Sad news: Dale Bowman

Sadly, Dales condition has worsened and he is now in hospice care.
This makes it even more imperative that you send cards (and photos of you with Dale, corps photos, etc) to him ASAP.

message received May 1st from Dales wife Nancy:

Dear Friends & Relatives,

I'm writing to tell you that my darling Dale passed away today, Saturday May 1, 2010 at 3:35 pm, in my arms, as we cuddled together in the hospital bed.

My life will never be the same -- and though he's left such a void -- he's added so much richness, true love, joy and happiness in what I feel blessed to say was a "darned-near "perfect" marriage."

I know he's touched many of your lives as your hundreds of e-mails and cards have indicated. He found such joy and love in knowing each one of you.

We're having a "Celebration of Dale's Life" Memorial, in about 3-4 weeks, the details will be relayed to you in the next couple days.

If you can make it to the memorial, it would complete a beautiful life. If you can’t we understand – but please feel free to send a few words which Dennis Shannon will read at the ceremony.

You all have given us strength, courage, and comfort.

Love, Nancy

FURTHER INFORMATION:

Dale was involved with the Imperials for many years. For almost 30 years he organized the West Coast alumni contingent, on their visits to annual DCI National Championships and local contests.
He was also instrumental in finally having DCI Nationals held in California a few years ago.

A Memorial service is being planned for him later this month in the Santa Maria area where he resided. Imperial alumnus Dennis Shannon and other drum corps people from the area are helping Dales wife, Nancy, with this.

Should you wish to send Nancy a card or e-mail, her contact information is: e-mail: ndbowman@comcast.net.
Home address: 2402 LaCosta Dr., Santa Maria, CA 93455