Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer drum corps plans?

Just curious .... what plans do our Imperials alumni have for drum corps related activities this summer?

1. attend area DCI shows?
2. attend local small corps events?
3. attend the Chicago area corps alumni picnic in August?
4. attend DCI Nationals in Indy?
5. attend the "3rd Tuesday" alumni events?
6. personal events with corps friends?

Post your plans here ... let's see how we can get together.

Re: Summer drum corps plans?

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. I wish - a bit far to drive
6. Ditto

7. Play old videos - YES! And drum corps is great in an iPod while cutting the grass.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Haven't heard much from the Imperials alumni on this. Any summer corps plans?

Would be great to see you at the August 21st corps alumni picnic.

3. Yes
1,2,4,5,6 No
Bobs 7 sounds good to me.

Going to the Oswego show tomorrow and the Cavies show. Only because I got free tickets. Then I will see a olt of you at the reunion picnic. Really don't care who or what wins DCI.

Steve, post your observations from the Oswego show for us to see...

------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Steve,

I was shocked reading your post - until I saw the "free tickets." That's the only way I'd go too!

No to all Except #3 I will be flying in just for the pic. The only possibility for the others is if someone gives me free tickets to a show.

I watched the Cavaliers rehearse for 3.5 hours this evening, at Grandville H.S. (MI). The staff was trying out some changes. Sometimes the kids were confused and they said as much, politely, when asked. The staff said that they'll decide by tomorrow what changes will be acted upon and what ones will be dropped. Lots of repetition, part by part. Never got to see more than about 15% of the entire program all in one piece. One staffer was unhappy about some of the marchers not marching backwards the way they were taught. He got on the corps about that. The kids were pushed hard, with the staff sprinkling in some praise, but not a lot. The corps quit, for the day, a few minutes before 10.

We will be at finals for 3 days in August and, hopefully, catch a show or two before then too.

Gosh, that corps practice session sounds horrible. Great way to spend your summer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

It wasn't that way before. I wonder how much has changed since Jeff Fiedler left. He was very big on treating the guys with respect, making sure they had a great time on tour, that changes were thought-out before trying them on the guys, etc. They've had an awful lot of staff changes the past few years.

Going to the show in Kalamazoo this evening and in Naperville tomorrow evening. Go Pioneer!