Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1960s IMPERIALS drum line at the all corps picnic?

This note (below) from Mouse made me think ...for years Bill Strauts and I talked about getting the 1960s drum line guys together to play in some manner. (Remember, we worked together at Grainger, and talked almost daily, for 15 years).

This would be a great way to do that ... maybe borrow drums from the RA or Classic Cavaliers?

MY playing days are over .. but I'd be glad to help with music & rehearsals. What about people like John Tomaszek, Gary Wigman, Mike Maggio, Warren Dulski, Ted Duber, Dennis Bialas, Lee Davis. Others too! If there is any interest, we could put together some of the music and drum solos from "those days". Even if it is: Bub-ziddly-bub-ziddly-bub-ze-bub-ze-bub. (32 from 1963)!!

Of course, drummers from other years would be welcome to join this project !!

Dave Borck

----------------------------------------------

message from Ken "Mouse" Fligelman....

At this picnic the Royal Airs and Cavies have both committed to playing some of their old songs ..... Viscounts, Vanguard and maybe Giles and Neisei are trying to put something together as well.

SO, how about the Imperials??

Any Imperials alums interested in organizing this ... and/ or playing there? This could include a drum ensemble, brass ensemble, guard/ rifle stuff, etc.
It could be fun. :)

Re: 1960s IMPERIALS drum line at the all corps picnic?

Hey! What about me??

Re: 1960s IMPERIALS drum line at the all corps picnic?

Feeling left out? You can come too!!