Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DRUM CORP DIGEST

FOR THOSE WHO LOOK AT THE DCI.ORG SITE,AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE,LOOK AT THE FRIDAY HEADLINES. FLASHBACK TO 1966 DRUM CORP DIGEST.CHECK OUT ALL THE PICTURES, ONE OF THE IMPERIALS.
SAD, HOW MANY OF THESE CORPS ARE NO LONGER AROUND.

What did you do in the Corps? DRUMS

What years were you a Corps member? 1967 - 1973

Re: DRUM CORP DIGEST

Thanks. I remember that issue .. great shots of the uniforms of all the corps.

Sadly, MOST of the corps shown are now gone.

Great shots of some classic uniforms - except for Madison (YUK!). How many years did they wear those things?

But why are there no drummers in these pictures?!

Drum Corps Digest also used to have an issue every Christmas that was nothing but pictures of corps, but more "action shots" than posed. I always loved the pictures in DCD better than the newspapers, but the articles were always way behind because it took so long to get delivered. It was ok during the winter months, but not during the season.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Bob, re: your comments ...

Great shots of some classic uniforms - except for Madison (YUK!). How many years did they wear those things?

.......not sure why they thought that GREEN West Point uniforms were a good idea. They were HORRIBLE and lasted only one year, I believe.

But why are there no drummers in these pictures?!

........not sure ... maybe the idea was sponsored by a bugle company?

Drum Corps Digest also used to have an issue every Christmas that was nothing but pictures of corps, but more "action shots" than posed. I always loved the pictures in DCD better than the newspapers, but the articles were always way behind because it took so long to get delivered. It was ok during the winter months, but not during the season.

..........DCD was meant to be more of a "magazine" than a NEWSpaper. Different approach and focus. They did a great job with pictures.

Can anybody recognize who it is in the photo?
I tried to blow it up. All I can tell is that is was a soprano.

What did you do in the Corps? Drum

What years were you a Corps member? 60-69

John, I think it is Walter Pennington.

I thought I remember Madison only wearing those for one year - thank God!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79