Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IMPERIAL ALUM NEEDS HELP WITH COMMUNITY PROJECT

Received this note from Ted Lange (Imperials 1954-56) who now lives in Australia. Ted is another Imperial working hard in his community.

If anyone can help, or offer advice, give him a shout by e-mail at: tedandelaine@bigpond.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: davidborck@aol.com
Sent: 7/27/2010 7:30:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Bugles

I am trying to start a Drum & Bugle Corps with the Air League, but first we need to get some Soprano Horns to play taps and Last Post. They need to be nickel plated to fit with the Air Force style uniforms. We had some money but someone broke into our new facilities and really made a mess of the place and that has shot our budget. I had hoped to have horns by VP Day but the deal I was working on fell through. I now hope to have horns for Pearl Harbour Day, which is sponsored by my Amereican Legion Post (AU01) and the Bankstown RSL.

Anyone who has a bugle they would like to donate, I will get my brother to send them to me as yon can figure the shipping cost isn't cheap, but I will pay that out of my Military pension. I want to get the corps running with 3 Sopranos, 3 Melophones and 3 Baritones and then we go from there. Tom Day is sending me a Baritone Bugle so, I can teach and play echo taps with the boys.

I have started teaching drumming and hope to have the rudimentary of their drumming improve by the end of the year. I am teaching one of the better drummers Connecticut Halftime and hope to have him ready for the AAl National competion.

I have to teach a Karate Class tonight and on Friday I have to teach Aviation Navigation for the AAL. Busy hands are Happy hands as they say.

Ted Lange
T/Officer AAl
Retired USAF

Re: IMPERIAL ALUM NEEDS HELP WITH COMMUNITY PROJECT

Note received from Imperial alum Ted Lange, who has started a drum corps in Australia:

I may get the money to buy 18 bugles from the SDCA, now all I need is some Instructors to help me. I have started the drummers on old Norwood and B.S. streetbeats. Having a few problems with the tenor drummers, but will get there.

If I get the horns I will need some simple arrangements - if anyone has anything, let me know.
-----------------------------------------------------

If anyone can provide some simple arrangements and exercises for them to use (brass or drums), give Ted a shout: tedandelaine@bigpond.com

================================

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66, ass't drum instructor 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 -1963

Re: IMPERIAL ALUM NEEDS HELP WITH COMMUNITY PROJECT

Ted Lange, Imperials 1954-56, now lives in Australia and has started a drum corps. As noted earlier, he has been looking for some bugles and has now purchased 18. He needs help getting these instruments shipped from the US to Australia. See his note below.

If you live in the northern Illinois area and can help this Imperial alumnus with this problem, or provide useful advice, give him a shout at: tedandelaine@bigpond.com

Dave B
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: DavidBorck@aol.com
Sent: 9/30/2011 8:25:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Help

I need a person to act as my shipping agent in the USA. I have set up a deal with Jim Gothman to purchase 18 bugles. What is needed: arrange for the packing and shipping of the bugles. They are located at Jim Gothman's home in Spring Grove, IL.

Jim Lives in Spring Grove, Illinois - a northern suburb of Chicago (near the Wisconsin border). His contact information is:

Jim Gothman
8000 Statepark Rd.
Spring Grove, IL 60081.
Phone number is 1-847-587-1145.
E-mail address is viscount39@yahoo.com

If you know of anyone who could help with this, please ask them to send me an e-mail.

Thanks, Ted

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; later- quartermaster 1964-66; asst. drum instr. 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63