Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bridesmaids

What are the all-time best 2nd place finishing shows ever?

Re: Bridesmaids

Royal Airs come to mind: 1961,1962,1964
Norwood: 1956
Vanguard: 1967 (3rd). Should have won VFW Nationals.

What did you do in the Corps? Drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1963-1967

Star of Indiana 1990
Cavaliers a couple of times in the late 80's
Madison Scouts 1974

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

I'd have to reflect a bit on that, but here are some off the top of my head:

. St. Vincent's Cadets 1957
. Holy Name Cadets 1958
. St. Kevin Emerald Knights 1960
. Anaheim Kingsmen 1973

-----------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? Drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63

St Kevins and Boston in 1964 (finished behind the Kilts, Royal Airs and Cavaliers). 1964 might have been one of the greatest years as Sac, St Joes, St Lucy, and Vasella had great shows and the activity was very competitive.

Cavaliers 1960 finished behind Sac

Blessed Sacrament 1961 finished behind the Cavaliers

Madison 1976 finished behind the Blue Devils

Blue Devils 1988 were undefeated until DCI and came in third behind the champion, Madison, and Santa Clara

I have to try to find these shows and listen to them, you guys. Thanks.

The best bridesmaid show in recent years, I think, is the 2008 Blue Devils' "Constantly Risking Absurdity." It was a terrific show in every way. I loved it. They did it so darn well. They lost out to Phantom Regiment by 5/100000000 of a point, or whatever. If ever there was a case to keep ties in drum corps championships, this was a perfect example. It shoulda been a tie, but the rules no longer allow for ties. Boooo! If it's a tie, it's a tie. Just say so! 2008 was a tie! Two great shows played great! Those two corps should have gone into O.T. In my book, you can chalk that year up as a championship year for the Devils, as well as for Regiment.