Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DCA CHAMPIONSHIP AND ALUMNI CORPS SPCTACULAR

This came from Mouse Fligelman who attended the DCA events over the Labor Day weekend this year. Might be worth planning a "drum corps" trip next year. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCA ..... (Drum Corps Associates) was held in Rochester, NY. Not that far, we/others drove it. Friday eve is I & E (Individual and Ensemble). It's FREE and a great show including Chicago's Sine Wave with Imperial alumnus in this group featuring Jersey Boy music, and they're **** good.......

Then on Sunday AM is the Alumni Corps Spectacular. 10 - 15 Corps most featuring a full show as we did them in the past - it is the ONLY place to see Corps as we knew it. Or .... IF you want the full DCA Corps experience; go to Prelims Sat. and Finals Sun. night. Hawthorne, Skyliners, Bridgemen, etc. an incredible show and CHEAP tickets too. Check their website: www.dcacorps.org.

That leaves Sat. open to visit Niagara Falls, Buffalo (Chik Wing Festival) etc.. Quite a weekend mini vacation.......

There is already a group planning to attend next year. JOIN US.
Questions ..... call Mouse 847-395-8160.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: DCA CHAMPIONSHIP AND ALUMNI CORPS SPCTACULAR

Ahh haaa! I was wondering who that was. Someone in my corps told me they saw someone wearing an Imperial's jacket in the stands. When I went up to look for the person, I had no luck in finding them.

Now I know it wasn't a dream.

p.s. Yes you should all go to DCA champs next year. in 2012 it's moving to Annapolis (I'm excited about that one)

What did you do in the Corps? Brass

What years were you a Corps member? 1976-83