Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Met a Cavalier

Asked a contractor to visit to estimate some home repairs today.

The guy's name was Jim Heitman .. and I asked, do you have a family member named Doug Heitman? (Doug Heitman was the assistant manager of the Cavalier Cadets when my son marched with them. A great guy.)

The answer was YES, that is his brother. BOTH of them marched in the (ugh) Cavaliers in the mid 1960s.

Small world!

I told him that we didn't really like the Cavaliers for their attitude (fairly arrogant). But, in spite of that, we had a number of friends in the corps.

He'll probably charge me extra for that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: Met a Cavalier

I can't believe you're letting him work on your house! You're making progress, Brother Dave!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Did you notice that I called his brother Doug a great guy?

A few years ago I took my turntable in for repair to the Stereo Exchange in Chicago. While waiting to pick it up, I started talking to another customer. Somehow got around to Drum Corps. The guy who owns the store overheard - turned out he was in the Cavaliers. His name is Dave - don't know the last name. At any rate, there are not a lot of good repair places for vintage, high quality stereo equipment. Dave did a great job on my turntable - so if you are in need of service I do recommend him. Mind you, he does keep some really weird hours and is cash only. Hours on the website are for "reference only"!

What did you do in the Corps? Tenor Drum, Snare Drum

What years were you a Corps member? 60-69

Actually, for a lot of them, once you get the "green scum" of their Cavalier attitude off of them, they are OK as people. They at least understand drum corps people.

But many are never going to change.
---------------------------------------------------------------