Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
QUESTION: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

So .. what are you doing with your time these days? Could be that some of your alumni friends would be interested.

Post a short note ...

as for me:

I am now retired and spend time gardening, visiting grandkids and doing stuff around the house. Right now, I am recovering from ankle surgery, so that takes some rehab time. Wife (Ruth) also had some serious hospital time recently, so we are dealing with that recovery too.

We pretty much avoid drum corps these days.. not really "drum corps" anymore. Looking forward to the September area corps alumni picnic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66, ass't drum instructor 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 -1963

Re: QUESTION: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

It's summer, so educators don't work, right? WRONG! We do 4 10-hour days, then have Friday-Sunday off. Going to conferences, meetings, trainings, and preparing for next year. Analyzing test scores, placing students in classes, updating handbooks (student and teacher), meeting with my leadership team to revise approaches, setting the calendar for the year...

But not this coming week! Shary and I leave on Sunday for a one-week cruise to the Eastern Caribbean! It's our first cruise since her stroke, so it should be interesting. And we can't wait! My arm is pretty much recovered, although there is still some pain once in a while - but I'm drumming again! Not quite back to the standards of 76 or 80, but getting there. Haven't broken the drumset out yet.

Everything else is great. Spending lots of time with the grandkids, going to Disney (we have annual passes) and Sea World - yes, even the locals do the parks. Life is good with just the two of us in the house!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Free time? Whats that, now that the kids are out of school, I'm working longer hours and weekends sometimes to get the schools ready for the next year. We only have 2 months total to get alot of work done. I also have baseball for my youngest son. I help coach him and now he's on the All Star Team. But when I do have free time, I picked up a new fun thing to do. For Christmas I got ballroom dancing lessons for my wife. I then found out that we can both do it for the same cost of one so we did. Now I may be doing a competition in September for Ballroom dancing. I'll tell you, it's a blast and it's more fun doing something with the wife that we can both enjoy. The instructors are amazed how well I put up the tempo of the music and move. I told them it's from playing drums and they all say that explains it. The other neat thing about this Ballroom Dancing is we've been able to meet some of the Star Dancers from Dancing with the Stars and they even helped us with some routines.

Bob, hope you and Sharon have a great time!

What did you do in the Corps? Drums

What years were you a Corps member? 76 to 84

Vince,

Which stars did you meet? If it's Cheryl Burke, I'm joining!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Anna Trebunskaya And Jonathan Roberts. But they also have some of the others come in and do coaching and training.

What did you do in the Corps? Drums

What years were you a Corps member? 76 to 84