Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Major Show in Minnesota

First glimpse of everyone together in Minnesota last night has Cavaliers pretty secure in first, with Carolina Crown next over Devs and Cadets; Madison moving up from past years in eighth; Troopers barely holding onto 12th over Spirit of Atlanta. I'd love to see Spirit back in finals, but not at the expense of the Troopers.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Re: Major Show in Minnesota

Look's like the Cavaliers are in there winning
way's.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

They lost one show early on to Carolina Crown, but haven't lost since.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

Several major contests in Texas this weekend ... Cavaliers still at the head of the pack, but the margins are really getting small! The top 4 are REALLY close.

Maybe there is some real competition this year
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66, ass't drum instructor 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 -1963

Gosh .. the show today in San Antonio has 25 corps! Starts at 2:30 PM and goes to 11:30 PM.

That is WAY too much drum corps for me at one sitting .. even if I enjoyed the shows they do now.
--------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66, ass't drum instructor 1964-70

Sort of looks like last year. The margins are bit closer though. Last year the Cavalers couldn't catch the Blue Devils. This year there are three corps close to the Cavaliers.

What is good about DCIs elite eight is the top corps are competing throughout the season rather than at the end.

Expect scores will reach 90s tonight.

Just checked tonight's DCI San Antonio scores. Three corps over 90. Cavaliers 91.050, Blue Devils 90.950, Cadets 90.400.

Spirit of Atlanta in twelfth, and Troopers dropping out by a couple of places.

check DCI at www.dci.com/scores for a full run-down, including a recap. Interesting. Cadets, Phantom and Boston moving UP, Santa Clara, Madison and Troopers moving DOWN.
----------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest mover at the top has been the Blue Devils. The were behind the Cadets for most of first half and were 0.1 behind the Cavaliers last night.

Also last night was the first time they seem to have had a full judging panel. Might have been difference for scoring.

Tonight's results indicate it is going to be an interesting next couple of weeks. Cadets beat the Cavaliers by 0.4 in one show and Blue Devils posted at 92.2 score (highest for any corps as of tonight) in another.

It would be nice - for once - to not know the eventual champion weeks ahead of time! It makes it much more exciting. I will never forget the first DCI Championship in Whitewater, when Anaheim turned on to win at the end (still the best live performance I ever witnessed).

Bob said:

I will never forget the first DCI Championship in Whitewater, when Anaheim turned on to win at the end (still the best live performance I ever witnessed).

-----------------------
So true! One of the greatest drum corps performances I have ever seen .. and in a great stadium for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have two best live performances. Kilties at 1964 VFW Nationals seemed to come out of no where. Boston had come to midwest earlier and topped everyone. Kilties were generally closer to Norwood and had lost to the Racine Scouts (who also didn't make finals).

The other is 1975 Madison at a contest in Evanston on 4th of July. I hadn't seen a contest in a few years and that performance was awesome.