Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is there any film of the 1979 season?

Hello Imperials!
Someone (or their parents) has to have some film of the 1979 season to share. I would love to show my kids.
Brigid

What did you do in the Corps? Guard!

What years were you a Corps member? 1976-1980

Re: Is there any film of the 1979 season?

I can't even find an audio recording. Does anyone know what happened to critique tapes and score sheets?

What did you do in the Corps? Drum Line

What years were you a Corps member? '77 - 81

Chris and others ....

the 1979 Opener is on the corps public website for listening... www.npimperials.org

as for critique tapes and score sheets .. they usually went to the corps manager. who knows where they went after the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66, ass't drum instructor 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 -1963

We usually re-used the tapes, for rehearsals and stuff. I doubt anyone kept the score sheets all these years. As for audio recordings, I have both 78 and 79 - Keith Normandin made copies for people several years ago. I don't remember ever seeing any video, including when we were marching at the time - though I would love to!

And while we're on the subject, if anyone has a recording of the 1971 Imperial Cadets, please let me know - it's the only year I marched that I don't have a recording for, and I've searched everywhere!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Good idea to look for old films, videos and pictures. Wonder how many alums have films, etc for various years?

Maybe we could actually build a reference "library" of some sort?

Ideas?

=========================================

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66, ass't drum instructor 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 -1963

The only "video" I have (no sound) is a little of the Cadets from the first parade with the new uniforms in 1971, and the 'A' corps at camp that spring in Romeoville. My brother was infatuated with Colleen Gill, so there's lots of her! I don't have any actual performances.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79