Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DCA - DRUM CORPS ASSOCIATES

Have any of you looked at DCA shows and corps as an entertaining alternative to DCI?

Most of the corps present programs more like the "old style" shows, but with good brass and programming. Not so much with props and dancing.

True, most shows are in the east. But, many are closer to our home.

Have a look
======================================

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66, ass't drum instructor 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 -1963

Re: DCA - DRUM CORPS ASSOCIATES

One of the best shows I ever saw was the 1980 DCA finals. I had just aged out of Spirit and was back home in Joliet. On a whim, Dad and I drove out to Pennsylvania for the championship, and had a blast! Out East, watch the show, right home and back to U of I on Monday morning!

I have no doubt I would have marched with senior corps after aging out if I had lived out East.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Speaking of DCA .. are any of our alums going to the DCA championships in September? It would be fun to hear a report from them!
=========================================

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66, ass't drum instructor 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 -1963

FYI- results of 2011 DCA Championship, 9/4/11 in Rochester, NY

World Championship Finals – Open Class
September 4th, 2011
1. Minnesota Brass 98.35
2. Buccaneers 97.45
3. Empire Statesmen 95.55
4. Hurricanes 94.35
5. Caballeros 93.13
6. Renegades 90.18
7. Alliance 89.00
8. CorpsVets 85.00
9. Kilties 82.23
10. Tampa Bay Thunder 78.95

=================================

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; later- quartermaster 1964-66; asst. drum instr. 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Wow! When was the last time (if ever) that a non-East Coast Corps won DCA?! Way to go,Minnesota Brass! And Kilties made finals for the first time since before Dad was with them.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Sounds like the Minnesota Brass corps is the REAL DEAL!

I have never seen them but am impressed. They not only scored really well this year, but have been doing well for a few years. See their website .. and you'll see a well organized, well instructed corps with many members.

http://mnbrassinc.org/

==================================

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; later- quartermaster 1964-66; asst. drum instr. 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63