Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SAD NEWS - KEN 'MOUSE' FLIGELMAN

It is with a heavy heart that I pass on this sad news .... the passing of a good friend ...Ken 'Mouse' Fligelman. He passed away Sunday 5/20 ..a heart attack.

Mouse was a drummer in the Imperials in the mid-1960s, later marched in the RA exhibition corps.

Keep his daughters and Adrianne in your prayers

Funeral arrangements are pending .. more info later
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66; asst. drum instr. 1964-70

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: SAD NEWS - KEN 'MOUSE' FLIGELMAN

Today is a very sad day for me. Mouse was a roommate with my brother Roger. Whenever Roger brought me over to their house, Mouse always treated me like one of them. Over the years he was also a close friend of my Mom and Dad. I always looked forward to seeing him and talking about the past. He was a special man and will be missed by everyone that had the privilage of getting to know him. Rest in Peace my old friend!!

What did you do in the Corps? Drum Major and Baritone

From Adrianne ....

The services for Ken "Mouse" Fligelman are:

Wake: Wednesday 3-9 pm at Cumberland Funeral Chapel, 8300 W Lawrence Avenue - Norridge, IL 60706

Thursday, service at chapel at 9:00 am, 10:00 am leaving for 10:30 at St. Juliana's Church 7200 N Osceola Ave, Chicago, IL 60631, with the procession to Maryville Cemetery 8600 Milwaukee, Niles at 11:30.

You can get further details from the local Tribune or directly from Cumberland Chapel online. http://www.cumberlandchapels.com/

Love to all...Adrianne

---------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer; quartermaster 1964-66; asst. drum instr. 1964-70

This is devastating.

Life seems shorter every day.

Rest in peace, Mouse.

Semper Fi

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 1960-1965

FYI -- obituary for Mouse

KENNETH H. FLIGELMAN
|
Kenneth H. "Mouse" Fligelman, suddenly, 65, Ret. detective C.P.D., Veteran of US Marine Corps. at rest Sunday, May 20, 2012.

Loving father of Kathryn (James) Vanadia, Sarah, Kristen (Anthony) Licciardi and Rebecca; former husband of Rita Walter; fond grandfather of Kallie and Aiden; dear brother of Al, Jay, Kim, Sue, Tracie and the late Lester and Roger, fiancé of Adrianne Kaplan; fond uncle and great-uncle to many.

Funeral Thursday, 9 a.m. from Cumberland Chapels, (FRIEL FUNERAL DIRECTORS), 8300 W. Lawrence Ave., Norridge, to St. Juliana Church, Mass 10 a.m. Interment with Military Honors Maryhill Cemetery.

Member of Fox Lake American Legion Post # 703, Marine Corps. League, 40/8 and past commander of the Morton Grove American Legion Post #134.

Visitation Wednesday from 3 to 9 p.m. 708-456-3410 or, www.cumberlandchapels.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------