Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Years Eve

Just want to wish everyone out there a Very,Very Happy and Healthy New Year.May good things come your way in the New
Year.

I also want to tell everyone about the yearly New Years Eve party my family and I use to have at our house,as they say,
back in the day.We always invited everyone from Norwood and they also brought their instruments,for a parade later on.
After some food and some responsible drinking,these last two words didn't exist at that time,but anyway,as I saying we
waited just before midnight,grabbed our instruments,went outside,lined up in front of our house,parade formation I must
say and than started playing the music we knew at that time,and of course we marched up and down our street playing.
Even though the weather wasn't the best parade weather to do this,at least no one had a problem with their mouth
piece sticking to their lips.A fun time was had by all.A very nice way to end a year and begin a new one.

I thought I would share this with everyone and for those who weren't around at that time.Again --- Happy New Year
everyone

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

Re: New Years Eve

Rich, that sounds like a great way to bring in the New Year.

I wonder how many other drum corps did that?

In uniform?

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Gosh, Bob .. after a few hours of 'responsible drinking' and partying .. who knows WHAT they'd be wearing? Of course, this WAS Chicago in winter!

But, I doubt they'd have the corps uniforms there anyway.

No uniforms Bob,it was just casual dress for these gatherings on New Years Eve.

Hopefully nothing that said "Norwood Park" or "Imperials" on it...

Nothing with Norwood's name but our neighbor's knew we were in Norwood, or least some of them knew it.

That was always the rule for free nights on tour - wear nothing with the corps name on it, and if you end up in jail, we're not coming to get you!

One thing about the parties we had those New Years,we really never had any complaint's from any of our neighbors,not
even the following day.Maybe some thought to,it's those Bivers and their drum corps friends again.

Yep, those Bivers and their friends .. the Granas, the Ciccarellis, the Tessitores, Priolas, etc. etc.

Thanks, Rich Biver, for the good wishes to alumni on New Year... and for the memories of 'past years' New Years events.

Here is a question for our alums ... HOW did you spend the New Years Eve night?

Family time/ party, night out with friends, party at home, whatever?

As for me .. no more drumming/ bugling outside. Went to a great local German restaurant and enjoyed great german food, beer and music ... midnight party too. Then went home and collapsed to bed!

Just the two of us at home (glad to have all of the company gone!).