Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New alumnus found! Dean Allen

Dean Allen, Cadets 1956-59 and Imperials 1960-61, recently contacted me. He was a member of the drum line and played cymbals when in the Imperials. He was a great member of the corps and well liked by all. But, his family moved to New Jersey, ending his time with us. :(

Here is his contact info;

Dean Allen
22 Vienna
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

email: allen7111@aol.com

Re: New alumnus found! Dean Allen

Can't say I remember him,of course that was a long time ago.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

I remember Dean, although I had forgotten his name.

I replaced him when he left. He taught me everything I knew about cymbaling!

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 1960-1965

info sent by Dean:

I was a member from 1956-1961. I was in the Drum Line and received my drum instruction from Frank Arsenault and Dick Brown. When the opportunity to play cymbals opened, I welcomed the opportunity. While my time in the corps was shortened because of a family transfer to New Jersey, Norwood Park remains part of my heart. (There was a rumor that I joined the Garfield Cadets in New Jersey, but the commute was too far so I joined the St Vincent Cadets in Madison, NJ for a short while.)

The friendships I acquired at Norwood Park are still a big part of my memory. What the corps taught me about life, discipline, competitiveness, and teamwork has helped me to succeed in both my professional and military careers. I have just completed a very successful 40 year career in educational publishing. Prior to that I was a Naval Officer for 6 years. ( My ship picked up the Apollo 8 and 9 capsules). For the past 28 years, I have been a resident of California. I currently live in Laguna Niguel, CA.

---------------------------

DB note: the St. Vincent's Cadets Dean mentioned isn't the famous St. Vinnie's of Bayonne. The corps he joined was basically a parade corps in Madison, NJ about 50 miles northwest of Bayonne.