Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sadnews: Paul Corey

Received this note today from Faye Corey Belskey:

Just a note to let you know that my brother Paul Corey (played baritone bugle 58-62) is not doing very well. He is suffering from a very fast growing from of bone cancer. He had a liver transplant almost 5 years ago and was doing beautifully up until the middle of April. By the end of May Dr. said it was Cancer. He had 2 different kinds of treatments but now is only given a few weeks to live at best. The family would appreciate your prayers.

Faye's email is: gbelskey@tampabay.rr.com

Re: Sadnews: Paul Corey

Paul Cory,remember him well,will be thinking about him,was a good loyal member of Norwood.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

Re: Sad news: Paul Corey

note received June 26 from Faye Corey Belskey:
-------------------------------------------------------------

I did not to expect to be writing to you so soon. Sadly, my brother Paul passed away on Monday, June 24th. Paul was a gentle hard working man who lived his short life to the fullest. He was very well respected in the Gainesville community. He leaves behind his wife Marcey of 43 years, 2 beautiful daughters and 2 grandchildren.

Paul tackled every opportunity that came his way to the best of his ability. He was Vietnam vet, he owned 2 thriving business, 31 Flavors store in Palatine and Bike Route (Bike store) in Gainesville. He was very active in his church and supported his daughters activities throughout his life. In later years sold real estate.

After his liver transplant 4 1/2 years ago, he was ask to head up a group to raise 3 1/2 million dollars for a Fisher House for the VA in Gainesville. Mission was accomplished. They were able to break ground in late fall. The walls are up the roof is completed and they hope to have it open this fall. He fought a hard fight but his body could not overcome 2 different forms of cancer. I received so many nice notes I wanted to thank everyone for prayers and kind thoughts and also give you a small peek into his life. He will be missed.

I also want to share with you how wonderful it was to hear from so many friends from the past. I was very touched by how many of the guys wrote notes about Paul and my family.

Faye Corey Belskey

------------------------------------

note: Faye's email address is: GBelskey@ytampabay.rr.com