Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad News- Rudy Vergin

Rudolf "Rudy" A. Vergin, 84, formerly of Palatine, IL, passed away recently. He was a baritone bugler in the Norwood Park corps from 1946- 51. He later became the Corps President in 1983.

His daughter, Linda Virgin (Moote), marched in the Imperials color guard 1978-84. Her contact information is shown in the Imperials alumni directory.

Rudy was the loving father of Rudolf (Cheryl) Vergin and Linda (Scott) Moote. Proud grandfather of 5. Dear friend of Maxine Bouchonville. Family and friends will meet Wednesday, March 25th for memorial visitation from 9-10 AM at St. Thomas of Villanova Church, 1201 E. Anderson Drive, Palatine. A memorial mass will follow at 10 AM. Inurnment will be held at All Saints Cemetery. For information, 847-359-8020 or www.smithcorcoran.com

Re: Sad News- Rudy Vergin

Sorry to hear of Rudy's recent death. In addition to the info provided by Dave, Rudy also was A corps business manager from 1977 thru 1979. In addition to his son Rudy and daughter Linda, he had two other sons Brian and Tim who marched in the late 1970's as soprano bugles. It is my understanding that Brian served in various capacities with the Corps thru its final days in the the 1980's.

Re: Sad News- Rudy Vergin

One of my proudest moments as an Imperial came years after I aged out, when I received a letter telling of the corps' final folding. While that in itself was sad, it also included that at the end, all bills had been paid and left over funds given to charity. At least the corps went out classy. And from what I remember, Rudy was a big part of making sure that happened.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79