Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Imperial reunion

Hi All!

There is going to be an All Imperials reunion in Schaumburg on September 24. This will be an all-inclusive reunion for the Norwood Park Imperials, the Skokie Imperials, and the earlier Norwood Park Drum & Bugle Corps (not yet Imperials) Norwood Park Fife & Drum Corps. Yes! there are alumni from the Fife & Drum Corps. Hard to believe, but there you have it.

This will take place in Schaumburg Illinois. Mark your calendar; make your travel arrangements!

There is a self appointed committee working on this, some people being:

Myself, Frank Gill, Greg Hitchcock being prime ramrods, instigators, and outreach

Tom Walters and Tom Murphy organizing food and venue, and Brains Of The Outfit.

Steve Kas is gathering recordings and organizing a multi-media presentation

Bill Blomquist is working on music/small corps entertainment

George Nichols and Jolyne Hayes/Vanek are the Welcome Wagon.

Denny Bialas is rounding up an artifacts exhibit and memorabilia

Donna Tekip/Kreiling is working on our IT needs/lists and contacts

Gary Wigman has contributed great artwork, logo re-design and is our all-around curmudgeon; then, you knew that already

Feel free to contact each of us with specific contributions. My apologies to any people, ESPECIALLY any experts left off the committee.
Spread the word! It is going to be great, and a good time will be had by all!

Details Forthcoming. Thank You one and all!

Tom Borchard

Re: Imperial reunion

Can't wait! I just wish Mom, Dad, and Steve were around to go with me. Looking forward to it!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79