General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mex Tex Family Fiesta in Midland, Texas

TejanoVibes Radio is a proud sponsor to the 22nd Annual West Texas Ford Dealers Mex-Tex Family Fiesta at the Grande Communications Stadium - Commons Area!

PERFORMING LIVE:

FRIDAY LINEUP: LATINO REBELS, FAMA, THE ELECTRIC COWBOYS aka GRUPO VIDA

SATURDAY LINEUP: Joe Posada, David Marez, Shelly Lares, Joe Bravo, Augustine Ramirez, Los TexManiacs and Latino Rebel.

PLUS ENJOY: Folklorico dancers, Los Matachines, Children's Area, Huacha and Softball Tournament, Cook-off, Jalapeno Eating Contest and much more!

MORE DETAILS AND TICKET PRICES COMING SOON!!

For More Informaton
(432)682-2960

Re: Mex Tex Family Fiesta in Midland, Texas

I was really hoping you guys would bring people like Jay Perez, David Lee Garza, Eddie Gonzales, La Diferencia, La Sombra, La Fiebre, Los Desperados, Mazz, and others like that. Although I'll be there, it's still disappointing that I have to travel to Dallas, San Antonio, and the valley, to see my favorites perform, rather than seeing them here in west texas... I like Shelley and Fama, but it looks like Grupo Vida is planning on being country only for that night by being advertised as the Electric Cowboys. I've heard good things about the Maniacs, but the others just don't move me. I'll give this years lineup a C. Was really hoping for better, that's all...

You're giving it a C because they're not bringing your favorite bands? Joe Posada is one of my all time favorites and I'M EXCITED!! David Marez is icing on the cake too, because him and Joe might do a Royal Jester reunion because they did that in Dallas during the Tejano Music Convention this past year. Plus The Mex-Tex is not the only Tejano event in Midland/Odessa. Last year alone, we had over 7 outdoor Tejano events, not including the clubs. There is a good chance that "your favorite band" will be here soon.

I give them an A for keeping it all TEJANO!

It is a good lineup Ray. I look forward to seeing David Marez and The Texmaniacs. Any tejano lineup coming to our area is a Grade A lineup. First concert of the summer already, man its going to be a hot tejano summer.

I'll give it that, an A for keeping it all tejano... But I sure hope that the rest of the outdoor concerts have a better lineup than that. I hope the bigger names are brought to west texas, they play everywhere else, why not here?! Make it worth our money to just only bringing one big name at a time. It would be cool to see La sombra and La Fiebre all on the same lineup and night with others like Shelly, Eddie Gonzalez, and La Diferencia. Now that's a line up!! A+

First of all...I don't want to turn this post into bashing or anything close to that. OK? We all have our favorite artist and groups that we really like and will go and pay to see them.But,by the same token, I like George Strait,but I'm not going to pay $150 to see him at the new Cowboy Stadium ! There will be over 70,000 who will pay to see him !..and good for them ! I'm happy to stay home, and those people are happy to go see him...it's all good !
I will give the Saturday line-up an A...someone may give it C...that averages a B. And that is all the organizers are trying to do...bring artist that will appeal at some level to everyone. They are putting their time and effort and MONEY on the line here !
Maybe next time they will bring someone that you like better...but if we don't support them now...there may not be a next time.

Chito Morales
First of all...I don't want to turn this post into bashing or anything close to that. OK? We all have our favorite artist and groups that we really like and will go and pay to see them.But,by the same token, I like George Strait,but I'm not going to pay $150 to see him at the new Cowboy Stadium ! There will be over 70,000 who will pay to see him !..and good for them ! I'm happy to stay home, and those people are happy to go see him...it's all good !
I will give the Saturday line-up an A...someone may give it C...that averages a B. And that is all the organizers are trying to do...bring artist that will appeal at some level to everyone. They are putting their time and effort and MONEY on the line here !
Maybe next time they will bring someone that you like better...but if we don't support them now...there may not be a next time.

If George Strait was coming to Odessa or Midland you would...
I'm not bashing anything. It's just my opinion. I was just looking forward to seeing some of my favorites coming to the area. It's been along time since I've enjoyed a concert where the bigger names performed. I will support, and always will, but my opinion is my opinion. I was just disappointed with the lineup, that's all... But I'll be there supporting, and hopefully I'll end up enjoying all the bands!! But in the mean time, I'll be praying that the bigger names come to the other outdoor concerts!!!
Bring the best, and everyone will come out!!!

Good question..LOL ! Let's see..if George Strait came to Midland/Odessa and the the tickets were $150..I would stay home.But if the admission was $10 and ice chest was $10...I would be FRONT ROW !!

I understand where you're coming from Tejano Fan. Its all a matter of timing when you try to bring the big guns. Pero these bands coming were powerhouses in their day and to this day they draw a crowd just as big as the big bands. I'm sure your favorites will show up this summer. No te aguites carnal its all about Tejano.

I've been wondering... why is this festival called "Mex-Tex".

You know, it's pretty frustrating to see the so called "Tejano Fan" complain about the line-up. If you were really a "Tejano Fan" than you should be grateful for these bands coming, no matter what! Just because it's not your favorite bands doesn't mean a thing. Big-ups to Midland for bringing these bands and to Tejanovibes for supporting and broadcasting the music. Thanks guys!!!!(SHAKE THEM HATERZ OFF)

Did I miss the dates somewhere?

June 12th and 13th.

The official poster will be posted soon.

Tejano Fan as well
You know, it's pretty frustrating to see the so called "Tejano Fan" complain about the line-up. If you were really a "Tejano Fan" than you should be grateful for these bands coming, no matter what! Just because it's not your favorite bands doesn't mean a thing. Big-ups to Midland for bringing these bands and to Tejanovibes for supporting and broadcasting the music. Thanks guys!!!!(SHAKE THEM HATERZ OFF)

I agree with u on that hun we all have to be positive about these bands playing in mex-tex n i am bummed cuz i wont be able to see them because I live in Houston hehe!!! I thank you guys for keepin it reals Jaime n Ray I love you both!!!

Well just throwing my .2 cents... those seem like big names to me. I would not call those garage bands if you know what I mean. Sounds like its going to be a great show.

-TAP

Tejano Fan as well

Why am I being a hater when all I said is that I'm disappointed that none of my favorite bands would be performing at the mex/tex?! It's been a long time since I've enjoyed the music of my favorites, and I was disappointed that I would have to wait a little longer, that's all. Did I not say that I would still be there and that I would STILL support it all? I too am grateful that something is being done to bring tejano back to west texas, I guess I just don't have the patience to wait. It's really been too long of an absence of tejano music in west texas that I wish the process could just be sped up, LOL! I'm just sooooo ready to see my favorites on a consistent basis, and to be able to plan weekends to go see them. I hope that having an opinion of what I'd prefer would not be considered hating, but for now I guess it is...

Thanks for the input on Mex-Tex, we are always open to suggestions for the line up. One thing I will let you know is that we contacted everyone you suggested with the expection of 2 and they were either boooked or way out of our budget! Most of the entertainers know about our event and they will triple their price and since we don't like to charge too much at the gate we will not book them.

Rachel
Thanks for the input on Mex-Tex, we are always open to suggestions for the line up. One thing I will let you know is that we contacted everyone you suggested with the expection of 2 and they were either boooked or way out of our budget! Most of the entertainers know about our event and they will triple their price and since we don't like to charge too much at the gate we will not book them.

That's too bad, but thanks for the info. At least I know now that you guys tried bringing in those groups. It's greatly appreciated... Hopefully you guys will get them to come later in the summer!!

All in all...it's gonna be an awesome event. It's a time for us TEJANOS to get together and celebrate our Culture!

The founder of Mex-Tex wanted to create a cultural event that had nothing to do with 16 de Septiembre or Cinco de Mayo. She also wanted the name to be different. Her exact thought was why not put the Mexicano first, and that is how we got Mex-Tex.

Here is the website for THE LATIN REBELS incase if y'all want to know who this band is and the music they play: (REGGAE & BLUES with a LATIN FEEL). THE BAND is from Arizona so here you go.

http://www.myspace.com/lrblatinorebelband

Thanks

Tu Amigo,
DJ PAUL LANDIN