General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cinco de mayo tejano jam

the first tejano concert for the summer starts May 1st at Midland Fiesta Grounds next to I-hop on I-20. Tejano greats Texas Latino, Xelencia, and los Hermanos Barelas will perform. Come celebrate cinco de mayo Tejano Style. Gates Open at 6 PM and bring your own ice chest for $15. $8 pre sale and $10 at the gate get your tickets at super mercado in Midland and Lechugas in Odessa. See you there!!!

Re: cinco de mayo tejano jam

Man, for a Cinco de Mayo event, this one is pretty weak. Did somebody forget to hire the big headliner because I don’t see one? What’s up with that?? This is more like a party on the patio type event. With a $15 cooler fee and no big headliner they should have made this event FREE…seriously.

Xelencia would have been a badd a$$ headliner back in the day, but now they’re like a 4 piece band with no original members just the singer David De Anda. The original Xelencia members from back in the day ARE planning to unite with David in the near future. I can’t wait for that!

Anyway, I’ve already bought my tickets to Lubbock’s 19th Annual Cinco De Mayo at South Plains Fair Grounds (4th and Ave A) featuring the sexy divas Elida Reyna and Stefani Montiel, Los Garcia Brothers, La Fiebre with special guest Rey Talamantes from La Sombra, Ramon Ayala and Solido. Lots of food booths, carshow, y mucho mas. You can bring your coolers there too.

If you can’t make it out to Lubbock this weekend go out and support this party on the patio!

Good one Bobby, I seriously think these guys just put on the show for themselves. They wouldn't know Tejano music if it was givin to them. Take Nick's Cinco de Mayo at McKinney Park. It's free to everyone and it has Jimmy Edwards and Roger Velasquez, one of the most respected performers in Chicano music. Do it for the public next time not for your personal enjoyment!!!!

C'mon guys quit the bashing. Its still tejano any way you look at it. Do you remember a few years back when we didn't have any tejano. To me some is better than none. I used to go to the cinco de mayo fiesta at the coliseum all the time. They used to bring some good groups. Slowly but surely they weeded us out and the other genre of music moved in. Which is good, I'm not knocking them but that isn't my type of music. When they started having the tejano concerts last summer I didn't care who was coming. It was tejano music period. So we can't complain about who's coming. If its tejano we need to stand up and support it. If we don't the organizers will say "well the people don't like who we bring, we just won't have any concerts". There you go we will be without tejano music again. Support your tejano events, es tu cultura, SOMOS TEJANOS UNIDOS

TOTALLY AGREE with Mario! If u continue to bash the artists or even ESPECIALLY, I don't care who it is,, If they're Sponsorship! and u start makin it seem like a competition within ur own specified Genre!(TEJANO) for one, in which we are speakin of right now. We're never gonna get it rollin again like it used to in this area! & At least SOMEONE IS tryin with a Tejano event in the area! Like Mario said, if it's Tejano, & your a fan or once were. Support it! & the line up for this particular event WAS/IS Tejano last time I checked & heard!.. And he's right! All we have nowAdays around this area is the other Genre's who have taken over dominatetly & I think it's time to catch up with them or if we can & am **** sure we can! move ahead and dominate like we used to back in the 90's & late 80's! It's all up to us! La Raza! Los Tejano's to make it big again! Remind the raza of this beautiful Genre and explain to those who complain NOW about not havin it around here anymore. That it never went anywhere! The raza did! We are the ones that bring em in, we are the ones who make them by showin up and payin to see them, again, whoever it is!.. & listen to them and what they have to say & what they come up with in their music & sound and us to learn to enjoy it! It's about that time for this genre to shine again! I'm tired of comin in here and readin a bunch of negative feedback! Like I said u don't get nowhere with all the negative feedback! Why even waste ur breath, words & time?? So come on peeps! be patient! and yea! ur opinion DOES matter! But when u start puttin people who are at least tryin & wanna try to make this the big one again down, u only make urself look bad & dig urself into a deeper whole! So big props to whoever put this thing together! Thank You For what your doing! & big thanks to all those who are trying to bring this genre back to the area! You know who you are! LOL! Thanks!

Well here we go again, WE are trying to do something for la RAZA. And we get shot down. It take's alot of $$$$ to put on a dance or concert. not to mention the time we put in it before, during and after the show. EVEN this weak CINCO DE MAYO Concert.I dont see any one Else bring back TEJANO..... But even though we dont get EVERONES support WE will go on. NOT for are selves but for The peaple,LA RAZA, MI Gente. please PEOPLE SUPPORT US,AND EVERYONE WHO BRING'S TEJANO TO WEST TEXAS.

ok here it goes. 1st of all to mr ricky bobby jimmy rodriguez. what the hell bro? if you have the time and money to bring the bigger bands then do it! you have NO idea what it takes to put on events like this and not to mention that these guys and gals DO NOT get paid to do what they are doing and on an A.M station no less. we take what we can get for now and make the best of it. They do it for the LOVE of Tejano and for the people who share the same love and passion. More power to you in Lubbock sir! and to patty cake for your rude ass comment, that was not very nice nor supportive for that matter mam! I am not a basher or a mean person for that matter but i will stand up for my friends and Tejano any day! We should all be united and proud to be Tejano and no ms patty cake they do not do what they do for themselves and if that were the case they would of had a back yard party at their house with these bands and your ass wouldnt be invited nor ricky bobby jimmy lol. hell, why dont you and ricky bobby jimmy go to lubbock together lol thats all i got to say bout that! lol

Dang I didn’t know I was going to hit a sensitive spot with my comments. I am a music promoter out of the DFW area and Lubbock, and I DO know what it takes Mr. djrn. I’ve done music festivals and concerts with Tejano and Country artists for over 15 years. But away from all that I’m a big Tejano fan del corazon. I was just voicing my opinion and now I’m being called names. But that's okay, no hard feelings.

Oh, and Patty’s comments doesn’t even make any sense. LOL There’s something fishy with that one.

Also, a big shout out to Tejano Vibez Radio! I’ve been visiting this site for years now. I heard u guys were on AM and then quit. What’s up with that?

God Bless you guys!

ok then maybe u do have an idea lol but cmon man bare with us here. u sir of all ppl should know how much we're are hurting for tejano here in mid/od. since u r a promoter get with adrian or the guys of www.mitejano.com and work something out. please! and if u saw talladega nights u know where the rick bobby came from lol and of course the bobby jimmy from back in the day lol thanks..peace out

Here in West Texas we take our tejano music serious. You gotta admit that Ricky Bobby comment was kind of funny. Come join us this summer Bobby for a good ol West Texas Party.

Bobby Joe, no hard feelings…hehe. I kinda know what Patty Cake is talking about though. A lot of people here in Odessa know that the guys or one of the guys behind this mi tejano productions or whatever they call it, does not know a lot about tejano music. By what I was told, from one of my girlfriends, is that they used to do Norteno dances/events or something like that and it didn’t work out and now they are trying Tejano. To my understanding they are supposedly taking advantage of this radio show to do events again and I think maybe that’s why tejanovibes left and didn't want to get involved. I’m not for certain about the tejanovibes thing but nobody actually knows why they left. I kinda believe her story because I don’t get why they are in desperate need of $$$$ to help pay for their radio show but yet they have $$$$ for their “summer series” events. My brother called the station one time and requested a real easy song and they told him”who is the artist because I don’t that song”. The song was “Mundo Sin Guitarras” by La Diferenzia. I really miss tejanovibes on am but I still listen online. And even though I don’t like what they are doing I’m still going to attend the event and support the artists because I love Tejano music.

If any of you guys remember, Q108 fm used to have a tejano radio show awhile back in '03 or '04 called The Tejano Express with Nick Hernandez and DJ Big O from tejanovibes until it was canceled, because there was advertising conflicts or some kind of advertising deal and the owner needed that time for live remotes. That was the first time I heard about tejanovibes.

I bet you guys didn’t know that!! LOL See ya’ll Friday!!

First of all let me start by saying that this is so unlike me to get involved in this he said she said BS, but i feel that people need to know the facts. Yes concerts do take $$$$$ to make, but we are take a chance on YOUR support just to make enough $$$$$$ to cover the dang bands. We do not make any money on these events, which still leaves us with "RENT" which has to be paid regardless. If there is alot of people out there that know Tejano music fowards and backwards and that is good, but if know it and love it as much as ya'll say you do then come out on the weekend and donate your time to play the music we love much on the air. We will show how to run the controls. I do know and love Tejano, but due to the fact that we are DONATING our time, which is a factor that people chose to forget we had to bring in guys that have never been DJ's or maybe did not know the music as well as others to play music for YOU the listeners while you are crusing around or sending time with your family and hanging out. My question is this why are we fighting each other it should not matter about the $$$$$$ or who used to do what the key thing that we need to focus on is keeping TEJANO music " OUR BUEATIFUL MUSIC "on our airways.

Events not posted in Big Spring

Hello Everyone, My Name is Manuel Hilario from EL Grupo X-Tremo. I am from Big Spring your friendly neighbor. I noticed all these events coming up, but to say the least you all don't advertise over here plus, not in enough time. lets say a month before the event even if it's just flyer being posted. what I see is a lot of local in the Mid/OD area posting in here. so I don't think your event ads are getting to BS area. there is a lot of Tejano here. I know because I play here all the time and would like to know what events are being scheduled so my band can come play in a future events. needless to say, I can't make the event because of a scheduled gig. all I am posting is for your information to post your events in BS and if you all could also post me at (hilarioxtremo@yahoo.com or Manuel.Hilario@va.gov) so i can pass the word out and maybe we could open up for a band or and event. We are all Tejano, We play Ram, Chente, hometown boys, electric Cowboys and other tejano artist and to top it off We have once again the lovely Linsa Ramirez and Debbie Thomson with Elida's tunes as well. so we have alittle bit for everyone to enjoy. I Thank You all for your time and good luck on the Concert this weekend, again I am sorry that I can not attend this weekend, but I hope we can work together someday.

Su Amigo, Manuel Hilario