General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEX-TEX Location

Well this year's Mex-Tex Fiesta looks great with a pretty good line up although I wish Jay Perez would be in it. I see they changed the location this year from Downtown Midland to Grande Stadium but the only disadvantage I see there is the lack of shade UNLESS its inside or within the stadium, not on the common grounds area. Also parking is more convenient but I will miss having it in the heart of Midland, between skyscrapers!

Re: MEX-TEX Location

Hey Allen! Jay Perez and David Lee Garza are the most popular and most requested bands besides Little Joe and Ruben Ramos. The bad part is that these bands know all about Mex-Tex so they almost triple in price.

Anyway, downtown is under contruction so Mex-Tex had no choice. The good part is that it's in a nice grassy area and not on the street, and parking will be no problem. And, I think the crowd will be more spread out too.

WE'LL BE OKAY!! Maybe the fire dept can go and get us all wet so we can stay cool!

Why did they stop hosting the Mex-Tex Menudo Cook-off at Twin City Speedways? I remember attending the festival out there a while back. I was just wondering why they moved it.

You are correct about the lack of shade at Grande, but we are going to set up canopys with port-a-cools for shade and cool air!

The reason we moved from Twin Cities Speedway was because the City of Midland was trying to revitalize downtown and they wanted more activities there. They asked us to consider moving the event closer to town and we did. Personally I thought that was the best move we made, I love downtown!

Which brings me to this issue yet again. I heard that Grande Stadium was being used during the Mex-Tex events this year by the Midland Sockers which made us miss out on more concerts and more dj music! Hopefully that won't be the issue next year or maybe it might return into the downtown area after construction is completed at Centenial Plaza! The PROS about having it at Grande Stadium is PARKING, MORE SPACE FOR LAWNCHAIRS, AND INDOOR RESTROOMS! Other than that, I saw a more disadvantages than last years! But I for one would like it to return to downtown.