General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chente Barrera

Does anyone know about Chente Barrera coming to town? Is this really true?

Re: Chente Barrera

Chente is showing these dates...

May 9 2009 8:00P
Sweetwater’s Dallas, Texas
May 16 2009 10:00P
Shark’s San Benito, Texas
May 17 2009 8:00P
Festival Burnet, Texas
May 22 2009 10:00P
Tequila Jungle Lubbock, Texas
May 30 2009 10:00P
Hallabaloo’s Houston, Texas

We talk about bringing new bands
Well, I say bring Chente to West Texas.
anyone agree with me.

Later

Manuel

I totally agree with you there!!!!!

Well I heard on La KOZA Tejana 1230AM is bringing Chente Barrara on Saturday May 23, 2009 at Los Arcos Ballroom and tickets are available at Endless Horizons in Odessa or Trendy Ties in Midland but thats what I heard today. And does anybody know what happened to Mi Tejano Radio Show!?!

Hey Allen, sad to say, but Mi Tejano Radio Show was forced to get off the air for lack of funds coming into the Radio Show. Times are tough for all businesses and it was just to risky to put financial support behind this type of music.(So they say!!) But there were still some financial businesses out there willing to take part. On that note, I would like to extend our gratitude to all of the listeners and supporters for making our weekends fun while it lasted. In the meantime you can listen to Stan Galarza weekday mornings from 8-11am to talk about our culture and issues that need to be addressed for the benefit of our communities. And Nic Hernandez takes the mic from 11-1pm for whatever your heart desires. From Old Cruzin' to straight up Tejano Classics. Then J.J. Jimenez takes over 'til 7pm. Call in and request or dedicate and let them know that there are still Tejano Lovers out here in West Texas. Thanks to Tejanovibes for keeping us informed on what's happening in the area and for having this forum so that we can express how we feel about our Culture and for the love of Tejano.

good to know Chente is playing in West Texas.
making plans on going, but forgot where Los Arcos Ballroom is at can someone help?
Also, how much are the per-sale tickets and how much would it be at the door?
again glad a Chente is heading this way, it has been long pass due to bring him to West Texas.

Thank you

Hey Manuel, Los Arcos Ballroom is located on West Whitney LN in Southwest Odessa. FROM I-20,TAKE EXIT 115, County Road West, and then take it SOUTH all the way to Whitney LN which should be the fourth stop sign on the right hand side. Tickets are available at Endless Horizons in Odessa and you can call them at 332-7881.

thanks Allen, I had an idea where it was, but not exactly where. will you be at the dance?
thanks again.

Manuel

Unfortunately no, Manuel I've had to take care of some business out of town this weekend and missed out on the dance. How was the turnout?

I attended the dance and the turn out wasn't too good
though music was good. i don't know what's going on, but i hear people wanting tejano back and this is where it has to happen at dances.

manny

Manny, I believe Chente could of had a better turn out. Here's how I see it...it's not about what you bring, it's about how you bring it.

Your right DJ Ray, it being Memorial Weekend didn't help either. I hope he comes back though, maybe a smaller place. Los Arcos was to big and it echoed to much. anyways, the music was good and danceable.

Manny

Yea, Chente is awesome! After his Odessa gig, he had another gig in San Angelo on Sunday and played drums for Los TexManiacs! So, there might be a possibly that he might be back in Midland for Mex-Tex as a drummer! We'll see!