General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The new Tortilla

The new Tortilla Factory is in essence just that! "NEW"

Nothing can equal or surpass what we did in the beginning of our run. All those musicians that were there are gone. This is 2009 and Tortilla is in the thick of “Today Not Yesterday” I have also given my son the green light to perform his music which could be Salsa, Latin Jazz, R&B, Pop, Etc. Etc.
So there it is...........Do Not expect the original members because only Charro and I remain. When you see Charro and my son Alfredo on stage they will be performing Charro's hits from the past and also the new recordings. Alfredo and Charro sing and sound great together.........

With my sons direction in his music Tortilla will be a rainbow of musical colors and styles. We are not living in the past but remain true to the original sound of the band...........Charros songs remain intact and the sound of the band is the original sound of the 70s colored with the the current beats, styles, and genres of the times.
Just like in the beginning Tortilla is focused on the future.

Our sound is so contemporary that many DJs will not play our Salsa, R&B, and all the diverse recordings we are doing............It doesn't matter.....if our Tejano DJs don't play our music some one some where will.

It is silly to see how some of the Djs in our Industry do not see our new direction...........that is a “fact” and a way of life in our industry..........

On the other hand some of the Djs that spin our music are playing everything new we send them. Get ready for the new album which will be even more diverse than “All That Jazz”...............Also get ready for the new “Tortilla”...............It is a lot of hard work what with new charts, personnel, rehearsals, etc. etc......................But it's what we've always done and will continue to do as long as possible. It is also a lot of fun and a high that is unexplainable.

On a closing note..............We will remain true to our fan base of 36 years and the music you want to hear will be performed at our shows.............You! The fans are what it's all about...........you are our strength and our motivation.

Tony Ham, Alfredo Antonio, Bobby Butler “El Charro Negro”