General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I AM SOOOOO SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...I have kept my mouth shut for a long time and I think it is about time I voice my opinion about some of the ignorant things people are saying, doing, and the way they are reacting to young musicians in our "ONDA"!
I was extremely disturbed when I was reading a post on Tejanojournal.com concerning AJ Castillo saying he needs to quit posting things about himself. HELLO!! There is something called promotion. Since people dont bother to stop and even turn your way becuase your young now a days we have to do all the work ourselves. WE are trying to keep our music alive!! DO YOU PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THIS!! Yeah everyone had their good times in the 90s!!! The 90s are over!! We are living in 2009 people! What is next for tejano music when the people we listen to today and in the past are gone? What will happen to our onda? Personally with the attitudes that young musicians are getting from our supposide ONDA and the things people post and say is SO DANG RIDICULOUS!!!!!
Dont get me wrong we have supporters. You know what we call these supporters?? We call them REAL TEJANOS!! You know why? Becuase they love thier music, they want it to stay alive. If you are not willing to listen to the young artist than you might as well kiss you ONDA good bye!!
I am not asking for anyone to throw us to the top of charts or put us on a pedal stool or even act nice to our face!! We just ask that you QUIT BASHING US FOR NO REASON!!! WE are trying!!! When I say US i am saying this on behalf of young artist, new arist.
You have to understand we could be playing something else. We are very capable of playing some rap music crap!! But you know what we LOVE Tejano music!! If we didn't love it we would not be trying to push younger crowds to come join our Onda and keep there tradition and culture alive!!
I hope any other young musician reading this understands what I am saying, which you probably are. I hope I am somewhat speaking your minds. I feel you guys and we have to stick together through all this crap!! We have eachothers backs even if no one else does and really that is all that matters!!

Tania Castaneda

Re: I AM SOOOOO SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad to finally hear from a younger artist. You are correct in the fact that many Tejano lovers only want to hear the oldies but goodies, and unfortunately when the Permian Basin lost it's Tejano Radio Station years ago it was hard to hear new Tejano artists. Now that the new era of online stations has opened us up to newer artists, it is refreshing to hear ya'll. You should post a link to your website. I would like to hear some of your stuff. If anyone has a problem with it, they can choose to not click on your link. Keep up the goodwork!!

Cynthia,
thanks for your support!! Here is the link to our website www.mypsace.com/thematadors9 and you can also check out our music on itunes! Once again thanks for your support!!

Tania Castaneda

Don't sweat it girl! We got u'r back aqui en West Texas. You guys are kicking butt like AJ Castillo because you guys are networking and making personal contact with the fans. Many established artists are depending on their managers and agents to push them and its not working nowaways. When you have your own fans promoting for you…you know you have touched them somehow or another.

Artists have to build their own bridge before they can cross it, and believe it or not you guys are building it pretty fast, eh!

Thanks Ray! Really appreciate everything you do for us! You have been a great asset to our team and we appreciate all your support and help you have given Los Matadors! See ya at the MEX TEX!! YEA!!

Tania Castaneda

My Post on the TJ with some deviations.

You know, why does it have to be "You must Pay your Dues". If the band is good, The Band is Good. Sure, some bands may take longer than others to climb the top. The great artist like Jay Perez, Emilio, even Joe Bravo, and Augustine will always be recognized. The well known artist will always be "Well Known" and the Legends will always be "Legends". I my opinion we need to support the younger generation cause they are keeping Tejano Music Alive for the future! But, That's my opinion.

jaime@tejanovibes.com

Hope u are feeling better now. praying for you so that you can get to feeling better & awesome video on Domingo Live. It would be nice if we had something like that here in west texas to showcase tejano bands and local bands, from Los Matadors, Grupo X-Tremo,
PT Showband, West Texas Chicano Orquesta, Eddie Ray, Los Hermanos Barela, and any one with a tejano band.
Good Luck in the future Tania for you and your band Los Matadors from you friend and your DJ here in Big Spring, TX

DJ PAUL LANDIN
(www.myspace.com/djpaullandin)

P.S. Muchos Gracias DJ RAY RAY Por Todo.
I'm Jamin out to you and the rest of the tejanovibes dj's on tejanovibes radio on my iPhone God Bless to all of you and Good Luck.