General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
La KOZA Tejana 1230am

For those who love listening to Tejano on the radio, your #1 Tejano connection is La KOZA Tejana 1230AM Odessa/Midland!!! Although our area doesnt have it on FM, we have on the AM, and its a great start, and who knows, maybe one day, we might get an FM Tejano station here in the Permian Basin!!! Check out their website where you can contact the stations dj's and tell them what you want hear.

Re: La KOZA Tejana 1230am

La Koza Tejana is a big @SS joke if you ask me. All they play is old music and the djs don't even know how to speak. Whatever happened to tejanovibes being there or even mi tejano. At least they had djs' that were being known and who can actually pronounce things right. But at least we have music huh!

I'm sure a person of your high level of intelligence knows how to change the dial to a radio station where the DJ's are "being known". You should not knock people for trying to do a good thing. It is very rare that any of the spanish genre radio stations even attempt to play anything Tejano. So, keep that in mind when you are criticizing La KOZA. I am not affiliated with La KOZA. I am just someone that is enjoying their efforts. Keep up the good work!!!

You know, it never fails. I heard of people "boycotting" the station, I heard of people saying that the station won't last long, and now, to hear that the djs' don't do a good job. Come on dawg! Can't we just have somthing to be proud of without someone else trying to tear it down. We still have Tejanovibes (just in case you don't know what site you're on) and Mi Tejano carried on even more. Now it's all tejano all the time. Be grateful! These guys did and are still doing a heck of a job to supply us with the best music in the world . Let's praise them not cut them down. Carry on Homies!!!!!!!!

Even though 1230 AM sucks right now, I still support it just because it's Tejano. But they do play the same songs even with the DJs there. Sometimes it's more talk radio then Tejano really. I lose interest very fast. I do find myself listening to Tejanovibes radio and bnet radio on my iphone more often. When DJ Rayray announced at mextex that we could listen in our cars via iphone or blackberry I got hooked. I went to at&t and upgraded my phone just to get tejanovibes. You just have to plug it into your car stereo and it works great! I can't remember the last time I heard 1230am. But seriously, I know 1230 sucks right now, but we have to support it or we'll lose it again.

Tejano Vibes needs to go back and finish what they started. It's your fault. ha ha!! Ray why don't you go back to 1230? After mitejano took over it hasn't been the same and it's not getting any better. Jaime, Ray and whoever else is running this great site! You guys rock! My blackberry is blazing Tejano Vibes in my new black 2009 Ford F250! Yea baby!!

Comon guys, if we can't even support an AM Tejano Station, what makes you think that we will ever get a FM Tejano station!?! Radio stations base music on ratings and if ratings for 1230AM fall, then it might just go back to being Spanish oldies!!! And do you really want the Odessa/Midland area Tejanoless again!!?! Then we're back were we started about a year ago! Although they do need to hire more knowledgable DJ's who are familiar with Tejano, we need to support the station to progress forward! It would be nice if they were to hire Ray or Jake Orona as a dj who program all the latest and newest Tejano hits but for now we must work what we have to work with!

Everyone needs to stop putting each other down and help get the station up and going. Yes it would be nice to hear the new tejano music but if we dont work together and help who ever is working at the station then you dont need to say anything. At least we have some tejano music on the air. Yes it would be nice to have the Mi Tejano crew back on the air!!! If it was not for the Mi Tejano crew sticking it out during the hard times the station would not have received the ratings for the owner to see that people still want to hear tejano music. I give alot of credit to Jake Orona, his family and friends for all the hard work.

The Mi Tejano crew were not any better. They went through hard times for a reason. Mr. Jake Orona may seem like a nice guy but he did not know the music enough to make his radio show successful.

Allen, your right DJ Ray would be perfect at programming the station. He knows the music, who sings for what band, what year an album came out, who plays with who. He knows his sh**. Listen to him when he goes live again. That's why I got mad when he left 1230am. It's crazy that nobody gives him credit. I give him mad props because he's the man with the plan!

I won't comment on this issue, I just wanna say thanks for the "Mad Props" and those that listen on your cell phones. I don't think I know it all, but the things I DO KNOW is because I've been listening to Tejano music since I was a kid. I'm not doing all this to get "credit", I'm doing this because I love Tejano music. It's in the blood, man! KOZA 1230am was a great learning experience for me and I thank the owner/manager, Benjamin Velasquez, for giving me that opportunity.

Lets all move forward and keep the music going! Turn it up!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand the mentality of all this!

Love the line up! I enjoy the weekdays listening to Nick on the "High Noon Show" at 11am-1pm and Robert on "THA DRIVE" from 3pm-7pm and it's not over yet, there's the "Tejano Express" with El Zorro from 7pm-10pm! It's great to have full time DJs on La KOZA Tejana! Feels kinda like listening to Magic 93.7FM making the workday go by faster!!!

I'll give my 2 cents worth on this issue. I don't live in the permian basin, and where I do live, there is noooooooo tejano. When I am in the permian basin visiting, of course it has to be in odessa to be able to listen in. Here are my complaints: the reception is very poor,(maybe because it's am), and it's rare that I hear my favorites when I am listening. Seems the DJ'S only know the oldies, and not the hits from the late 80's and 90's on to the present. Most of the time I don't even know who I'm listening to. Maybe if they played more of the Diferencia's, Jay's, David Lee, Sombras, Fiebres, Famas, Shelley's, Xelencia's, Emilio's, Desperado's, Eddie's, and the list goes on, maybe there would be a bigger following and support. I think people in west texas want their TEJANO!!!! Again, only my opinion, but at least I get to hear a couple of my favorites compared to nada where I live... It would really be nice to go home and be able to listen to the music I grew up with back in the late 80's and the present!!

Uh!! "T.S." wouldn't oldies be in the 80s' and 90s' catagory now? Just a question!
Besides the website is running (FINALLY). Tune in and find out if they're playing your music. If not, call in and ask to play some of your music that you love sooooo well. Doesn't hurt right.
And for all the other COMPLAINERS. Seems to me you do listen in if not you wouldn't know what's been played and what hasne't been played, very observant. Tejano music is Tejano music what difference is there if it's oldies or new. IT'S TEJANO MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Myself, I could not see the difference in the music played here on Tejanovibes and the music playing on the radio. My hat off to everybody who is playing this music for us to hear again.

TejanoFan2010
Uh!! "T.S." wouldn't oldies be in the 80s' and 90s' catagory now? Just a question!
Besides the website is running (FINALLY). Tune in and find out if they're playing your music. If not, call in and ask to play some of your music that you love sooooo well. Doesn't hurt right.
And for all the other COMPLAINERS. Seems to me you do listen in if not you wouldn't know what's been played and what hasne't been played, very observant. Tejano music is Tejano music what difference is there if it's oldies or new. IT'S TEJANO MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Myself, I could not see the difference in the music played here on Tejanovibes and the music playing on the radio. My hat off to everybody who is playing this music for us to hear again.

When I mean "oldies", I mean the time of the 70's, the music you hear growing up at the quinceneras (spelling) groups with the horns, etc... I guess I don't count the late 80's and 90's as oldies because it just seems like yesterday. Plus, if you tune in to the big tejano station in San Antonio, they'll play alot of the music from the 80's and 90's on a regular basis. I love that!!

Wow, to my knowledge, I think this am station does take request. If you don't like what is playing and you want something more recent, then call in and request it. Plain and simple.