General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer Concerts...

Can someone tell me when the Summer Concerts will start...Thank you...

Re: Summer Concerts...

The Summer Concert series has been rather quiet this year compared to last year with The Tejano Summerfest bringing in Latin Breed on July 2008, The Hot Summer Tejano Showcase on August 2008 bringing Jay Perez and Stefani Montiel! Also what happened with the Latin Music Festival and will there be a Sabor 16 this year!?! I'm anxious to know.

Well I don't know what you would call "quiet"...
If you were in downtown Midland this past Saturday...it anything but quiet!. Latin Express from Ft. Worth played for 5 hours straight,first doing their own show, then backing up Jimmy Edward,followed by Alfonso Ramos..and then finally finishing up with Augustin Ramirez.And then you throw in TejanoVibes Radio, with DJ Ray Fuentez and Jaime Lopez...nombre puro party!
Now, if you are waiting on the "Big Names" to come before you plan on going out...too bad.Cause you are really missing out on some great times. The performances that these artist put on, for a small crowd I might add, was one that really showed the true professionalism that these artist strive for in every show they do. Let's keep these artist coming back by attending and supporting them and the organizations that bring them !

I have to agree, it has been slow for tejano in west texas. I understand about all the local talent playing, but no one really knows who they are, so that's why there's not that much interest. I think for them to get the exposure they need, bring in the big bands, and let these bands open up for them. There will be the big crowds, and they will get to see the local talent. If people don't know your music or who you, they are likely to look else where. Just my 2 cents... But to be honest, I'd like to see more of the big bands coming to the Midland Odessa area!!! The Mex Tex Fiestas were nice, but not enough!!! We need a weekly dose like the rest of the state gets!!!

I wonder what happened to the good ol Tejanovibes on KOZA and Summer Concert series days!?! Summer 2008 was a great Tejano fun filled summer! I'd just wished La KOZA would bring in more outdoor concert events!!! Is there any Latin Music Festival this year? Humm...I wonder. And there's nothing like Tejanovibes DJ music! You guys play the best Tejano in West Texas!!!

Unfortunately, in my opinion the Summer Concert series were quiet low this Summer of 09. There wasn't a Latin Music Festival nor Sabor 16 to really kick up tejano concerts. I blame the recession and the Basin's struggling economy. Well, we'll see what's in store for next summer. But on the upside is that the KOZA 1230am is doing pretty good with expanding its Tejano music and listeners!!!!!