General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tejano and Time

I just want to say to all these people who are complaining about not enuff tejano. The people on KOZA 1230 and Tejanovibes are being taken away from their families to satisfy our hunger for Tejano. You have to give them credit, its not easy doing what they do. They have jobs that need attending to as well. They have families to support. So many of you complain that there are not enough events. So what. Its not that simple. The bands nowadays don't come cheap. The way the economy is at this present time has much to do with that. C'mon raza tejano is coming back slowly but its coming back. Support your local DJs. Support tejano music any way you can. Tejano at the Playa thats a start. At Sedona Grill and Cabanas, theres tejano music also. If we keep complaining about whos on the radio DJing, then step up and lend a hand. Can you talk into a mic and let yourself be heard on the radiowaves? I can't but I bet some of you out there can. I'm not very good at this sort of thing but it hurts to read all the complaints. C'mon tejanos we need to stick together. Whenever you see one of the DJs thank him for taking time to give us tejano music. Hasta luego mis amigos. Que dios me los bendiga.

Re: Tejano and Time

Mario,
I could not agree with you more. Its just sad that a lot of people can not be pleased. Some people are just crabs in a bucket just pulling everyone down. But the only way to get through it is to acknowledge the ones supporting and stepping forward and passing all of the negativity and standing up for what this whole thing is about! LA MUSICA!!! Its not about the djs, events, radios, clubs its all about nuestra musica TEJANO!!!

Tania Castaneda

P.S
Nick your doing an awsome job!! Keep it up and thanks for what you do for OUR MUSIC!!

Mario you hit the nail on the head brother. I agree with everything you posted.

We need to work together raza. Orale, I also agree that Nick is doing a great Job
on the airwaves. Que viva La Onda

I love this site....it makes me laugh...to keep from crying. Mario,Tania,and Jody....you guys all have my respect and support. First of all, for just signing your name to your comments.Not like the others who feel like they have to disguise their thoughts.If you feel that strongly about something, that you would take the time to post it...post your name. Its no big deal...everyone is entitled to their thoughts and opinions. Mario, you are correct about it taking more that just a desire for Tejano music to be played either on the airwaves or in a concert. It takes someone with enough courage (not the word I want to use)to put their money,time and effort on the line and HOPE that people will show up.There is lots of competition out there for the entertainment dollar. Not to mention car payments, mortgages, and other bills to pay. And the sad part is that just because an "event" didn't happen on the right weekend, or at the right place, or they didn't bring the right groups or didn't start at the right time...people are going to bad mouth it. Que Triste.
I would just like to say to all of you Promoters, DJ's,Musicians,and music lovers, don't let these "Ghost writers" get you down....they will always be here....and so will we. Who knows, it may be ME on the other side next time...but I will not sign it "Ghost Rider"....

Tania your right. Nick is doing a held of a good job!
Nick has always been a cool (goodlooking)guy.
I think it's pure jealousy they have against Nick.
For that person trying to bring Nick down you must be an unhappy person.STOP your remarks! Get a life dude! If you can't say some thing good then keep your ??? mouth SHUT!

P.S. Nick don't let this person get you down.
You'r loved by the real tejano supporters.
YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! LOL
And always will be.
Keep up the good work.