General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
La Nueva KJTZ

Fortunately for the Odessa/Midland area, tejano seems to be expanding! With an AM Tejano station, and tejano events going on every week, we seem to be doing OK. Unfortunately, as I was passing by Abilene this past weekend, I tuned my radio to 106.9FM and noticed durangensa music! I was puzzled! Then I heard the new station line "La Nueva KJTZ 106.9FM" La Que Manda En El Big Country! I decided to give the station a chance and kept on tuning noticing that they only play about 2 tejano songs every 30 minutes! The rest was regional mexican. It's sad to see a Tejano station transform to ANOTHER Regional Mexican station! I believe "Texas Voted Best Tejano Hit Station" DOES NO LONGER EXIST! Tejano is losing its grip on Abilene! I MISS KJTZ "ABILENE'S REAL TEJANO HIT STATION"!

Re: La Nueva KJTZ

Unfortunately this is true. As we made our way to Dallas I turned on the station and I to heard some Durangense. It's no longer full time Tejano. Although I must have gotten lucky cause I heard 5-6 Tejano songs in a row. But there was a stent of 20mins of a mixture. Well it's too bad that station got ruined but atleast we still have TejanoVibes Radio that streams Tejano Music 24/7!

Don't forget when your passing by Odessa/Midland that 1230am La Koza Tejana is also Tejano 24/7. No other RADIO station will give you that until you reach Lubbock or San Antonio. Thanks to all who kept up with the station for puttin it where it is now! Especially to Jake Orona and the guys of Mi Tejano Radio Show for making it worth while for us to listen to.

True we have la koza playing tejano 24/7 but u have to be in certain places to listen to it on the radio. They play old tejano music, which is good but I sure wouldn't mind hearing the new tejano jams. Also u give credit to Jake & Mi Tejano, but don't forget who else started off this tejano movement. It was at first Tejanovibes Radio before it changed to Mi Tejano. So my thanks goes out to Ray Fuentez for starting Tejanvibes & for playing tejano music, new & old, on his Internet radio show.

Jaime it was nice to see you at the convention, and was glad to know you caught the show. Man we had a great time. Anyway I just happen to meet the owner of KJTZ and asked her why she changed her format. She simply said that it was to provide different types of music in the Abilene area. She said that the format was still 80% Tejano. I don't think I heard much Tejano from west of Sweetwater to east of Abilene. I like all types of music and really enjoyed listening to the music but it's different now. Still kinda good, at least they still play Tejano.
I guess when you own an FM Station you can do anything you want. Que No???

Alrato
Tony

Later Bro
Tony

Tony my man, Los Matadors did one hell of a job. They represented well and it was a good thing I called Andy at 11am. He told me the time had changed yet again so we made a U-turn to head downtown. They get better and better each time I see them. Great job all all of you!

Let's all chip in and buy our own FM station. I'll chip in $20! LMAO

If we could get every Tejano to donate 20.00 per person we would have enough money to buy a Radio station and a few cases of beer for the party. Que padre...
Later
Tony

Ok T.V. Fan getting a little edgy are we LMAO. Thanks to Ray Fuentez for getting with Jake Orona and starting Tejanovibes. But than again not everybody has the technology that you have, so sorry we just have to settle for the "old" and local Tejano music for now on a device called a radio. Oh 'snap' I forgot Tejanovibes plays local artist, ok we'll settle for the "old". Bye Bye now!!

Just for the record, I started TejanoVibes before I even knew who Jake Orona was.

Tejanovibes has worked with the owner of KOZA 1230 since 2003 when we were a part of the Tejano Express show on Sundays, on his FM station KQLM 107.9. Jake Orona came into the picture after the owner accepted my proposal for some airtime on 1230am. So, this ball has been rolling for years now. I just wanted to clear that up. :)

Also to note, Nick Hernandez was also a part that Tejano Express show along with TejanoVibes DJ Big O before he semi-retired from DJin'.

And, it's not about me having the "technology", it's about me having the passion and great colleagues like DJ Jaime Lopez, DJ Roland Ybarra, Big O (Oscar Aguilar) and the TV supporters that know who we are and what we represent. We are about the music FIRST.

Although we run our own Tejano station online now we still greatly support KOZA 1230AM. Vive Tejano, Baby!

Ray I do remember the beginning of these Tejano shows
all of you guys were young and full of Tejano. I wish all of you Tejano DJ's the best of luck in everything you do. I know some guys are not in the picture anymore but I do know they still have the Tejano spirit. Thanks for all you guys do for the industry. Thanks for the lesson I really laughed my ass off.
I'm still laughing...

Thanks
Tony