General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tortilla Records in Today's Music Industry

I want to thank all my friends for your words of encouragement through this next phase of all my health issues.....they are something I have learned to live with and No matter how bad it gets I just put all adversity out of sight and out of mind.....
Here at Tortilla Records we have been working hard at creating a new sound with our music and our ideas....."Urban Tejano Music" is what we call our music being recorded for our up and coming new album.........and other productions in the works.

The Urban sound includes our productions of Salsa, R&B, Latin Jazz, Tejano, and Ballads in English and Español.......

Tortilla Records has also joined forces with Genesoul Prodictions/Kenye West from Los Angeles especially in the Soul and R&B facet of our
Productions.......

WE at Tortilla Records will continue to thank over and over all our People that kept the Tejano Music on the airwaves through thick and thin ......People with very little resources of their own except the love of the music and the culture..........We all know who they are ....Crazy Chuy,B-Net Radio, XAPPY At Tejano Entertainment.net, KEDA RADIO, Boogy Man and Staff,....Tejano Roots Hall Of Fame, The Tejano Recording Academy, The new Tejano Music Coalitions in Texas........ Janies Record Shop, and all the other Independents and Mom and Pop record stores wherever they may be........ KUDOS ALSO to the new Internet Radio Stations and the list goes on and I don't want to start a list and leave people out because there are too many that have fought the good fight and you are winning little by little.

In the last ten years I saw people that were so disillusioned with the genre that it was no longer "cool" to use the word Tejano....There was a question as to what was really Tejano from the new groups that sprung out all of a sudden.............Were they Norteño, Duranguese, Grupero, Sinaloense, Tejano,??????????

There was mass confusion for a while and The Genre itself survived all the Negatives that were brought to it by the media, fans, outside forces that still look down at us.....Although a trumpet player my entire professional life I learned about the inner workings of the Recording Industry and here I am survivng.......As a record producer I can vouch for my peers and their work that is being left out of the airwaves thus depriving them of airplay and Record sales........affecting their very livelihood.......What Tejano artists and musicians put out there for their fans is usually first class.....there are a few exceptions to the rule but the Tejano Music productions that are sent to radio are first class.........
..............NOTHING TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING EQUAL AIRPLAY...............

AS a musician I could sit here and tell you .....that some of the groups getting tons of airplay...........are really "BAD"...................as in the real meaning of the word
But that's part of the mystery Tejano has faced the last 60 years and now it's time we do something about it........

I call it POWER.........a lot of you will say it's all about money, money, money..........It goes a lot deeper than that......
Having seen all these obstacles in the way of our beloved genre I could easily sit around and do what has been the norm in our industry
......................"CADA QUIEN PA SU SANTO" .....................

Well, not at Tortilla records......My band Tortilla Factory has never had an Identity problem .......and when we record Salsa the Latinos know exactly who we are ....They .....The Boricuas, Cubanos, venzeolanos, Mejicanos, they Know that Tortilla Factory is a Tejano institution in music and we are proud of that..........we are pushing the term Tejano worldwide and our productions will be proudly marketed and Promoted as coming from

.......................Tortilla Records Home Of ..."Urban Tejano Music...

Tony "Ham" Guerrero