General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tejano in houston

Sad to report that here in Houston we lost one of the only 2 tejano clubs as Bea's Island Club, which had been around for about 10 years and home to the best tejano acts every Saturday night-which included such acts as Jay Perez,David Lee, Ram, Despoz and many others has been sold and changed to a Norteno club. We have no tejano stations and now only 1 tejano nightclub. It's sad that the tejanos complain about having to pay $10.00-15.00 to see the top bands and even if there is free admission then they ***** about how high the drinks are. It's sad to say but the tejano scene here in Houston is slowly dying as the younger raza has no exposure to tejano music except what they hear their parents listening to and you now how the youngsters think-if my parents like that kind of music then it sucks. I used to go to San Antonio alot for the Tejano Music awards, Fiesta and all the other festivals they always have but with the economy the way it is,I can't afford to get out there as often as I would like. Let's hope San Antonio and Corpus never loses their tejano stations.

Re: tejano in houston

Sad, very sad!! Join the "club". We out here in west texas feel your pain! It's been years that tejano left west texas for the "tonke, tonke, genie boot, taco hat" wearing craze!! Forgive me, I know I might be offending, but I hate that. Tejano is trying to make it's comeback, but norteno continues to be a thorn in tejano's side. Too many sell outs!!!!

Re: tejano in houston

Us here in Odessa/Midland should be so fortunate to gain an AM Tejano station and gain events such as Tejano nights at La Playa Dos, Cabanas, Casa Lopez and Sedonas also not to mention the Tejano Super Carshow. I believe Odessa/Midland is making good progress in gaining Tejano in the area, because not even Dallas has a tejano staion! Aren't we so fortunate!!! And a BIG thanks to Tejanovibes for making this possible!!!