General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boring Times!!!!

I guess when you have NO tejano except for the local talent going on in west texas, it's makes for slow times on this website, and not much to talk about...

Re: Boring Times!!!!

Photobucket

Tejano Starved,
I agree with you 100% !!!..So,instead of complaining,let's do something about it ! What you wanna talk about? Let me start....you heard anything about "someone" working their a** off trying to bring a couple of "big name" stars to a dance in Midland for November?...or another dance in Odessa scheduled for Oct. 10th? You seen the DVD that Little Joe recorded in El Paso live? Where he used "special" musicians that could re-create that unique sound of the "Latinaires" back in the 60's? No, he didn't go to nursing homes to find these musicians either..LOL! These were all horn players currently playing with other bands. Check it out. If you see the video,you may recognize some of them.

You been out to Cabana's?or Casa Lopez? How about Shelley Larez's restaurant in Lubbock? Heard they make great nacho's.
If you have some time during the day...come to the TejanoVibes chatroom...I will introduce you around to I.T, La Remolina, ylop,CC,DJ Jaime,RayRay,Big Ed,Zapper,and all the other regulars who come in from time to time.
So tell me what you know so we can get this party started

Chito, u left la playa dos n sedona grill every saturday nite out too, I agree with Chito completely! I don't think that ANYBODY should be complaining right now, when hardly ANYONE is even showing up to these WEEKLY events, we need to support these kinda things that ARE going on right now, in order to get back to the big shindigs with your favorite bands etc..! But seriously we need to fill up these places first! So we can keep growing n having more events like these 2 coming up on Friday, and the Dance in November. I'm sure their will be more in between! So AGAIN! Go out and at least support these weekly events first!! Because they are actually very entertaining n well pertaining to this music! Again. we just need more people to come out to these places and support, because we already are off to a slow start! So it's up to you raza! No complaining! Till I see or hear that YOU were at one of these weekly events and showing YOUR support as often as you can, for this music and of course we will eventually get the best out of just that, by helpin out with our support and showing up at these events! So chut it n show up to these events! Tell everybody! tia's, tio's, comadre's, compadre's! say.. hey you? You like tejano music?? Come on!... Show up people!! can't get anymore simple than that!
I LOVE THIS MUSIC!!! AND I'M WILING TO DO WHATEVER TO SUPPORT IT U SHOULD TOO! NO MORE COMPLAINING!!!

CHITO TAKE IT EASY. QUE PASO MI GENTE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NOTHING GOING ON. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT TEJANO STARVED? TEJANO FILLS THE AIRWAVES AROUND WEST TEXAS. LOCAL TALENT OR NOT ITS TEJANO CARNAL.

I understand about the clubs and things, but what I'm trying to get at is, where or when can we look forward to the festivals, concerts, etc, like the rest of the state has going on in almost a regular basis? I have been to these clubs, and I enjoyed them very much, but I'm ready to see the big acts come to the permian basin. They play everywhere but in the permian basin. I'm sure there are people busting their butts to do so, but we as the public don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I check the website pretty much on a daily basis, and it seems to be slow... Maybe someone can tell us every once in awhile what is going on, or what is in the making to bring big time tejano to the permian basin, that's all...

I think what Chito is trying to say is that the forum is not what is used to be. I think people have gone to the chat room and discuss different issues which is fine if you have that type of time to spend in the chat room. Some people are out working in the fields and their jobs will not allow them to visit the chat room as often so when they get home they look at the forum to find nothing interesting becuase it has been discussed in the chat room. I like this forum very much but seems like only a few of us are willing to read and respond to different topics. As Stan Galarza says... Am I Wrong???
Tejano is here and there is alot going on but if you're like me I like to read some stuff on the forum before and after.(La Chirinola you know what I mean)
Thanks
Tony