General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Year's Tejano Dance

We invite you to the 1st Annual New Year's Tejano Dance at the Far West Event Center-Studio 190. Come bring in 2010 with a Tejano blast. Djs' from KOZA 1230am will be on hand to provide us with the best in Tejano and Chicano music.
Tickets will be a donation of $25 per couple. This event marks the 1st major fund-raising event supporting local candidates for local elected positions in Ector County for up coming elections in May 2010.
You can also purchase tickets on-line at http://pac.unavozunida.org/
Thank You and Merry Christmas!!!!

Re: New Year's Tejano Dance

A fundraiser for local candidates? I thought candiates do their own fundraising. This advertising scheme does not make any sense.

Politics and Tejano Music. How fun.

Hey Ray? What do you think the Midland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is? Is it a civil organization? I don't think so! Maybe you should think about bringing the Raza together instead of trying to keep them apart. You're right though, "candiates", I mean, candidates do have their own fundraising. What do you think this is? They are the ones putting this on!
Oh! and good luck at your New Year's Dance with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Hope you guys have a great time.
It's good to see you getting involved with the Chamber though. Maybe you could do something here in Odessa for a change, que no! I'll keep in touch.

Ben-Jammin',

Who is “they" ’cause I don’t know who “they” are? The advertisement is basically misleading to me. That’s all I was commenting on.

You, instead of clarifying or correcting me, you chose to call me out on my misspelling, for one, and then saying I’m trying to keep the “Raza” apart. Are you for real, seriously? Is that supposed to be a low blow or something? Is this website (that I financially maintain with live streaming Tejano) is keeping the “Raza” apart? Donating time to DJ and MC Jamaicas and Tejano events is keeping the “Raza” apart? Raising money for school and small business scholarships is keeping the “Raza” apart? I can go on and on. I won’t blame you for your ignorance, but come on dude…that wasn’t necessary.

Now back to the issue, I went ahead and logged into La Una Voz Unida’s website this morning and they are basically raising money to help the candidate or candidates they are going to endorse, unless I’m reading it wrong (if someone can clarify and not personally attack me that would be great). That’s all it is…no big deal…it answered my question. The advertising is what doesn’t make sense. Saying you’re doing a fundraiser for candidates, in general, is misleading.

I’m doing a fundraiser for the Tejano artists; it’s for supporting the local artists. Would you call this misleading? I call it a scheme to make a buck or two.

All and all, it was just my opinion and I even signed my name to it.

Since I have a horse in the race, I don't want to seem baised in my opinion...If I was going to run for public office in May, I would want people to know now, who I am...and do my OWN fund raiser. I wouldn't want to be "tied" to anyone else.
If anyone should support these "future" candidates and make a donation now, at this fund raiser, then come May,when the candidates are revealed, and they don't like what these candidates stand for, do they get their money back?
I wish you luck in your fund rasier,but this is a strange way to run a "campaign".

I think everyone needs to be Joyful for the other person and thank them for what is happening over there in West Texas. It's not about who is having it, or for that matter, who it is for! The Holidays are for being Grateful in everything that you do and for what is to come in the following year. Let's all celebrate this happy season together like Ben said. And let's all give thanks to Ray for bringing it back.
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!!!
I'LL BE WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TA LOCO!! CHUT IT SANTA!! YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!! WELL IT'S OBVIOUS AS TO WHO "YOUR" FAVORED TOO, WITH THAT BEING SAID!! SO GET TO STEPPIN TO THE NORTH POLE SANTA!! YEA, YOU SHOULD THANK RAY! THAT HE IS WILING ENOUGH TO LET EVERYONE INCLUDING PEEPS LIKE YOU ALL THAT ARE MAKING THIS WHOLE THING (BRINGING TEJANO BACK TO WEST TEXAS) SEEM LIKE A COMPETITION INSTEAD OF COMING TOGETHER AND HELPING EACH OTHER OUT AND SUPPORTING EACH OTHER! YET YOU WANNA COME IN HERE AND START SAYING THAT RAY IS THE ONE SEPARATING THE RAZA AND ALL THAT OTHER B.S! TRYING TO BASH RAY AND HIS SITE NOW! IF IT'S GONNA COME TO THAT, THEN YALL SHOULD JUST BE QUIET, STAY AWAY AND LET RAY DO HIS THING, AS WELL AS YOU DO YOURS, LIKE ADVERTISING YALLS EVENTS LIKE HE HAS LET YALL FOR SO LONG NOW! AND BE THANKFUL FOR THAT! REALIZE HE IS HELPING YALL OUT BY LETTING YOU POST ON "HIS" SITE FOR YOUR EVENTS! IT"S BECOMING A LIL OBVIOUS WITH THE FACT THAT THIS MAN IS A GENIOUS, HAS THE TREMENDOUS TALENT AND HAS ONE OF THE MOST HAPPENING TEJANO SITES THERE IS RIGHT NOW, THAT, THAT BOTHER"S YOU A TAD! AND THAT YA MIGHT JUST BE HATERS! ALL IM SAYIN IS COME TOGETHER, DON'T WASTE TIME BY STARTING TO BASH ON ANYONE, HE HASN'T SAID ANYTHING OR EVER HAS ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY OR IS EVER COCKY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, HE IS ALWAYS DOIN HIS THING AND WHAT HE LOVES N I THINK THAT HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE! INSTEAD OF HATING ON HIM, ASSUMING AND ACCUSING HIM OF THINGS HE"S NOT EVEN DOING OR SAYING THINGS THAT HE NOT EVEN SAYING, AND OPENING YOUR MOUTH ABOUT MISUNDERSTANDINGS! YOU SHOULD THANK HIM!!
IM AM VERY THANKFUL/GRATEFUL FOR WHAT RAY N ANYBODY ELSE DOES TO KEEP THE MUSIC ALIVE! ALL THIS NEGATIVE ACTIVITY LIKE THE BASHING AND WHAT NOT NEEDS TO STOP! YALL OBVIOUSLY DON'T AND WON'T GET ANYWHERE BY BEING THAT WAY! THANKS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY TRUE TEJANO"S OUT THERE!! LATERZ EY'S!