General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The hating has to stop!!

I think that I will quit reading posts for awhile. I liked coming to this website first thing in the AM, so that I could see what's going on in the Onda Tejana. All this hating back and forth and negativity is just way too much! Maybe this kind of arguing and back and forth junk is what lead to the downfall of Tejano in the first place.?! Tejano music is about feeling good (for the most part). I just don't feel good about all this ugliness right now. I used to just be glad to be able to go somewhere semi local and listen to Tejano music. I listen to KOZA and Tejano Vibes depending on where I am. But the bottom line was that I am able to get Tejano music from either place and a couple years back I couldn't say that. Ya'll need to move past all of the back and forth negativity and keep it positive. Just my opinion.

Re: The hating has to stop!!

I totally agree with everything you said.Except, the part about you quitting to check this site and reading the forum. Cinder, if you quit reading, then that would mean that "they" won...
I would like to give "them" the benefit of the doubt, that it is not their intention to keep anyone from coming in here and posting their opinions, or just reading all the postings.
I also don't think that it is a KOZA vs. Tejanovibes, or Midland vs. Odessa, or even Tejano vs. Norteno. Correct me,if I'm wrong, but I think we are all on the same team...the Tejano Team! It's just that some are more vocal than others and sometimes things may get a little out of hand. But for the majority of the time,it's all about the music. I will give credit to these "posters", they do get passionate about what they write...and even sometimes,realize when they may be wrong. Kudos to them.With the HUGE number of people coming out lately to all the Tejano dances, it would be a shame if it all came to a stop...and with Spring/Summer coming up, I can only imagaine the size of the crowds at all the outdoor events.
So let's quit the petty stuff and just enjoy the fact that we have Tejano back in full force, both in Midland and Odessa. See you on the dance floor...