General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Representation

Why aren't the tejano dances advertised on all the tejano stations in the area? If you guys are trying to keep the seperation going your doing a good job at it. If you don't take care of the situation this tejano thing is gonna go as quick as it came.All this you stay over there and I'll stay over here mentality has got to go and from what I understood is that Richard Esparza has said that he will not do tejano again but then he seems the one bringing all these dances.Good job! Maybe if it wasn't for Koza having a successful dance Richard wouldn't be benifiting for HIMSELF and now he's taking my Tejanovibes with him.I thought you guys had better quality in friends Ray.Richard ain't nothing but a crook in my book and I've known him for many years so it's just not jiberish talking it's fact!TRUCHA!!!!

Re: Representation

Jesus, I work with promoters that are willing to invest in Tejano...rather it be Richard Esparza, Benjamin Velasquez (from KOZA), etc. I don't care who is it. These guys are not out there looking for personal friendships...it's a business to them. I work with both of them. Benjamin and I just spoke on the phone yesterday about which Tejano band to bring to the Firecracker Fandango in Odessa. I'm even working with the Catholic priest, Father Chavez, on his upcoming Tejano event. These guys know I'm obsessed with Tejano, that's why they come to me.

And Jesus, which dance are you talking about when u said, "if it wasn't for Koza having a successful dance"? Are you talking about the dances at Los Arcos in Odessa? All other dances KOZA has only been sponsors or advertisers. Their commericals may be misleading 'cause the station isn't bringing the events, it's the promoters buying ads with the station.

What's going on right now is that everybody wants to play "Tejano promoter" and promoters are competing with other promoters. Perfect example: During Valentine's we sponsored Ram and Elida at Gran Marquez in Midland, well then the owner of Crown Royal decided to compete with Gran Marquez and brought Sombra/Stefani. Well, even with him advertising with KOZA his dance was a bust and ours was a success.

That's what is causing seperation brotha...one guy trying to out do to other. That's never ending.

Palabra. Peace out!