General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KJTZ 106.9FM Tejano y Country-Abilene

Well I made a trip into the Big Country in the Abilene area and noticed that 106.9FM is now KJTZ 106.9FM Tejano y Country and NO LONGER La Nueva KJTZ 106.9FM "La Que Manda En El Big Country"! The station format went from Spanish Contemporary to Tejano/Country!!!

Re: KJTZ 106.9FM Tejano y Country-Abilene

Now, that's a good combo.

Well I made a trip to Dallas and noticed that KJTZ 106.9FM in Abilene was off air today! I was wondering what was the deal, hopefully the station did not decide to hit the switch! I mean I would always tune it on KJTZ 106.9fm whenever I passed thru Abilene, so I was dissappointed and forced to listen to 106.3FM! Does anyone from Abilene know what is going on!?!

Well supposibly the FM Station KJTZ 106.9FM has now changed station owner! As KTXS Channel 12 Abilene reports, the radio station now belongs to Texas Gulfwest Communications based out of Beeville, TX. As for 106.9FM, I have no idea if the format has changed but it wouldn't suprise me if it does! The news report is linked below.

Rumor is it's changing to a Christian format.

Interesting, Tejano 100.9FM from San Angelo, TX changed into that format several years ago! And it seems Tejano is dying in the Big Country where it once was popular! Glad we have LA KOZA Tejana 1230am on the airwaves!

The format is now officially static.

I hear you, I managed to make another trip to Dallas on Monday and there seems to be nothing but static on 106.9FM in Abilene! I guess I'll tune it to 106.3FM! No other alternative! They need to add more tejano music.