General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An addition to my post from Yesturday.

Hola Raza!

Uh oh.....Im back! JK Thanks for all your kind words for yesturdays post. Im gald that a few of you read it. I meant it to be a "call to arms" so to speak. I did, however, leave out an important factor. A working band or artist must ask themselves, "If it wasnt for the promoter, would we be working?" Sure alot of bands book themselves and cut out the middle man, but we all know, unless you are an established artist, you usually end up paying to play.

The good promoter is a dying breed and I believe they go hand in hand with the future of La Onda. If they die out, who will give the up and comings a chance to show off what they got? A good promoter is willing to take that kick in the rear if a show bombs out. Ultimatly, its up to the fans to make a show successful. Like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink? lol

Now, we all know that there are "the snakes" out there tambien. Those promoters always seem to leave a bad taste when they are done i.e bouncing checks, crappy sound systems, not answering phone calls, and the worst, leaving with all the dinero. Ive seen all of that before. Thats why alot of bands like to leave the "middle man" out of the loop. But, once again, there are only a handful of legit promoters left to work with. If you are an artist or band, and you have worked with a good promoter before, next time you see them, say THANK YOU for everything you do.

People dont relize that the band or artist works on a contract basis and usually has a garauntee. At the end of the night, the good promoter pays his obligations and then takes his cut. Well, sometimes theres nothing left for "the cut". But, they cant lead a horse...blah blah. You get what Im saying.

So I just want to thank you to all the hard working legit promoters of La Onda Chicana. I still send out my "call to arms" to all of you. I challenge you to put a production together to showcase the future of our beloved Onda, because The Future is NOW!

Tu Amigo,

John Ontiveros
West Texas Chicano Orquesta
LOS HOT HORNS!
john030327@yaho.com

Re: An addition to my post from Yesturday.

I think I know who ur talking about!! LOL!