General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An Interview with Tania Castaneda of Los Matadors

Saw this interview by Cchwnn (Blanca Blanch Blanco) and thought I would share it with you all. Tania hope you don't mind me Copying/Pasting it here from the Journal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exclusive interview with Tania Castaneda, Los Matadors.
Cchwnn.
Midland, Tex. I am Blanca Blanch Blanco, on the road again walking our way up to meet up with this very young and exciting woman who by the way has been nominated for Best New Female Vocalist for the Tejano Music awards Tania Castaneda. Well that’s enough of me. Let’s get to that interview:
BBB: hello Tania, thanks for meeting up with me after that long walk over here from Kingsville,tx. And how are you doing?

TA: I am doing wonderful. Feeling very blessed!

BBB; first of congratulations on your nomination for Best Female Vocalist, how does that feel?
TA: It feels AWSOME!! It feels great to know that people are really appreciating what I and my band are doing musically. It makes you feel like there are really people backing you on everything you are doing!

BBB: can you give a bit of information about yourself and Los Matadors?
TA:Yes!! Los Matadors is a young Tejano group ranging from ages 18-25. We have been together for 5 years and they have been the best 5 years of my life! We have had lots of opportunities to meet awesome people and many artists on our journey and cannot wait for what is in store for us in the future!

BBB: I understand that you all are working on your second CD. But can you share some thoughts about your first cd entitled “The First”, and your view about Mr. Gilbert Velasquez studio assistances?

TA: Oh wow! First of all Gilbert Velasquez is an amazing man! He is so talented and we respect him very much! Our album has 10 tracks on it. 8 of the tracks are original songs written by me and my right hand man Mr. Anthony Revilla. Once we wrote the song we took our music to Gilbert and he was able to give us some tips and really help us give our music that extra "Umph!" It was an awesome experience working with him!
BBB: on your second cd you mention that you are working on some cross over music, it seems that you all wrote your first country music song. How did that come about? And how do you select what songs are going to be recorded?

Ta: Well as a group we practice ALOT! We kind of feed off of each other energy and music just seems to flow together that way. The country song we wrote was literally written in like 20 minutes. Our guitar player just said, "Hey lets write a country song!" We were just like "okay!" The guys started jammin' I pulled out my pen and secret lyric book lol and just started writing! Together as a group we just have such a great connection. It is truly beautiful!

BBB: when performing in front of thousands, how does it feel stand there and watching all those folks watching you as you watch them, what is going through your mind?

Ta: Really when I get on stage I get in this thing, I call, "The Zone" It is my own little space where I can just let everything go and just sing! I love to make people happy. I feel like God put me on this earth to make people happy and that is what i try to do. When I sing I want people to smile and have a good time! The feeling I get on stage is indescribable really. It is an addiction, a passion, and really a spiritual experience. It is my true love.

BBB: do you think many of your musical goals have been met singing with Los Matadors?
TA: Los Matadors was my ultimate blessing. I have been singing on stage since the age of 9, but I started singing by myself with tracks. When God put this group of guys in front of me I knew this was it! They are my family, my biggest critics and my best friends! My first goal, as a track singer was to get a band. That was met! My second goal was to get an album out with my band. That was met! Now actually being nominated for an award was not expected but has always been a goal of mine and that was definitely met! LOL!
BBB: if you were given a chance to speak to a crowd of young people what encouraging words would you use?
TA: Never tell yourself you cannot do something! Never let anyone else tell you you can't do something. I grew up in a wonderful family of people that support me. But the idea of being a super star and being a headliner for major concerts is kind of crazy dreaming to some people. I have heard it all. "Oh that is crazy Tania, that is never going to happen in Tejano!" "You are a small town girl, no one is going to hear you sing!" But for some reason I have that crazy dream in my head that won't go away. And I don't think it ever will till I actually live it out.
BBB: we want to thank you for this interview and we wish you the very best in your career.

Ta: Thanks for the opportunity! And I want to thank everyone who has backed me and Los Matadors the past 5 years! Everything and everyone we have come across has been a true blessing and we are here to stay! Love you all!! ;-)

BBB; as we leave west texas again, it just seems that there is so much talent out here, I am Blanca Blanch Blanco.