General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LIVE LIVE LIVE THIS WEEKEND LOS MATADORS!!!!

Los Matadors live this weekend Fri night @ Arriba in Midland Tx. and Sat night @ Sedona bar and grill in Midland Tx, this will be the return of Los Matadors at Sedona so come on out have some drinks and listen to some good music!!!!! See you there!!!!!

Re: LIVE LIVE LIVE THIS WEEKEND LOS MATADORS!!!!

Es todo, im a fan of you guys in all.. But EVERYBODY knows La Gran Marquez is the place to be this Saturday night. For the "Return of Emilio"! Very Surprising that yall are even playing on a night like this or that anybody would be, with this huge comeback and the witnessing of a standing miracle that is going to take place. I think that it's a LITTLE more so of an impact return, especially after all he went through, at least more than a return to a place in your hometown that you play at very often. Sorry! the whole "RETURN" thing got to me a little bit. Lol.

Papi Chulo,

Unfortanetly we were booked on the same day that this grand event is occuring. We would have loved to attend this event but business is business and the show must go on. We have to make our money as well. As far as the whole "return" thing. Technically it is a "return" becuase we have not been to Sedona in quite a while. Sedona Bar and Grill was one of the first places that invited us into their bar to play so it has always been the home base and place for our fans to come out and jam and dance to the music. We have a following as well and we know that our fans will be out to support us. So, we have to go out and do our thing regardless of the events occuring in Midland. It just goes to show that musicians do have to make sacrifices to do what we love. Like I said before, its unfortanate that we got booked that same night but business is business. Sorry.

Tania Castaneda

Don't be sorry, girl! You are keeping Tejano alive, that's awesome. I am hoping to catch ya'll soon. And if I can't scrape up the $ for a ticket to Emilio, I will get my chance on Saturday. Do your thing and don't be letting grouchy folks steal your thunder. Hee, hee!

Cinder
Don't be sorry, girl! You are keeping Tejano alive, that's awesome. I am hoping to catch ya'll soon. And if I can't scrape up the $ for a ticket to Emilio, I will get my chance on Saturday. Do your thing and don't be letting grouchy folks steal your thunder. Hee, hee!

Cinder
Woo hoo!!! Emilio and Shelly Lares. $20 presale tickets!!! I am so there!!!

yah huh! lol.

Thanks Cinder! I don't blame you if you do go to Emilio! We got to see him one of the first times he performed which was in San Antonio at the awards. Man he was singing like if nothing happened! Soooo amazing! Brought a tear to my eye actually lol! But if things dont work out we look forward to seeing ya there!

Tania Castaneda

so... this papi dude pretty much said if any band is performing elsewhere while Emilio is on stage, they are goin' to Hell... kinda gaucho son.. lol!!

Ok. first of all, I did not mean to offend anyone. Which is why I gave an apology at the end of my response, but that didnt work out too well. lol.
Anyway, I am just simply expressing my opinion, I just think it doesn't work out too well having more than one Tejano Event in the same town on the same night. That is all! Too much all at once can be overwhelming for some people and some either get thrown off or have no interest at all eventually due to having to be decisive about it most of the time and is part of the reason why this genre has had its struggle here in the permian basin.
And Andy, mr. funny guy! I mean it is kind of pointless in Midland alone and with Emilio playing and on a comeback? Come on now! Let's get real, and on the same night especially after they are already playing the night before sir? Not elsewhere funny guy. I understand its strictly business and am sorry for offending anyone if I did. Wish you Good luck to you and your band. Again. I am a fan as well and love your voice Ms. Tania and would not want to be on your bad side so sorry again. Lets continue to keep it alive.

Sorry man I didn't mean to offend you, I thought we could have fun with it... I think it's a good thing for more than 1 event to happen in 1 night! Especially in our genre... That's a good sign! I'm more than positive that both venues will have an amazing turnout! They're are 2 complete different shows

Ow and Wow!! Tejano fan is also a fan of research. Maybe one day you can use your awesome research powers for good and not evil. lol

Hey thanks for the plug papi, lmao but I'm pretty sure the subject was los matadors, y wouldn't it be a good thing that more than 1 tejano event is happening at the same time?! Sounds like business to me.

Is there such thing as too much Tejano going on? I agree that Emilio & Shelly will be a huge event, but everything else should not stop !...life goes on. I will probably go to Sedona's myself. Mainly cause I have a choice. If there wasn't a choice, I would go and see Emilio & Shelly. Yes, its true I can see Los Matadors just about anytime,but I think I would rather support the locals who need our/my support.
Besides, they need the money ! (lol).So give my regards to Emilio & Shelly, and I will do the same to Tania and the guys.

Yes, Tejano is in full effect! Tejano is everywhere and that's awesome! There's always going to be Tejano somewhere else. It's a privilege.

Wait till New Year's Eve...there's going to be about 5 to 6 "Tejano" events in Midland/Odessa.

Thanks for the comment Ray, speaking of choices,If you can't make Sedona's due to the EmiliO gig on Saturday night don't forget Los Matador's will be at Club Arriba on Friday Night. Come join us y que se oiga el Grito carnales.
Thanks for all of your support.

Tony Revilla/Los Matadors

Who cares?? Emilio is overrated and I don't have 20 dollars anyway.. Tan locos!! JK! I love the matadors and they are the best thing to come out of midland, tejano wise that is and next to G.W even too.. I understand where this guy is coming from tho. But having a choice and variety of artists playing isnt all that bad, its kinda like a paint the town red fan fair in midland/odessa kinda thing if you ask me.. When knowingly the fact that we had next to nothin about 2 yr ago at this time.. Stuff is goin bananas now and it awesome!! And since I have never seen Emilio live that is the only reason why I will be there and already have a ticket tambien.. Sorry fella's!! And as far as the matadors go?? They and Tania are the next Elida Y Avante and cause Jay kinda reminds me of el Tweet Juarez de Avante tambien.. lol jk. Bottom line is, is that there can never be too much tho.. That's a understatement, but do understand where you comin from chulo, so don't get me wrong. Sounds a lil weird callin another man chulo btw. But im staight ey.. JK! Hell keep it coming and and keep it alive. Hell its safe to say Tejano is well and alive and and very proud to say I am a tejano now and not a taco hat!! Viva La Musica Tejana ey!!

Papi Chulo and all,

no hard feelings papi! I am glad you are our fan!! It is always great to hear that! And I completely respect your opinion! Everyone is entitled to one. And I do agree with everyone 2 events is better than one or in fact none at all! We are catering to the younger genre at Sedona this Saturday and also might be throwing some tejano dust on some people that have never heard of it. It always makes me happy to see the gringos that can't dance Tejano dancing Tejano! lol! Love them gringos! But most of all I love my Tejanos! Thanks for all your support everyone! And wherever anyone ends up at this weekend just always SUPPORT TEJANO MUSIC!

mucho amor,

Tania Castaneda

Well Said Tania, if I remember correctly, I wrote about this same subject a few months ago! any way im not going to say much but now we all know what I was talking about! Kick ass Matadors!! Oh and by the way will be ther next weekend also at Sedona!!

Al G. PTS!!!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP AT 2:00 AM? GRACIAS CARNAL HOPE YOU CAN CATCH ONE OF LOS MATADORS GIGS.

TONY

Just want to thank everyone that supported Los Matadors at Sedona's. We had a packed house and one hell of a party. I understand that Emilio was jammed packed that's awesome. Just to show you that there are enough Tejanos in the Midland Odessa area that support Tejano Music. Thanks for your support. Hey Paps the next show Los Matadors perform please come by the sound board and I'll buy you a beer.

Thanks
Tony