General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's Midnight somewhere ...Let's Party !!

Knights of Columbus #8773 will once again be hosting a New Years Eve Bash, Friday Dec. 31st, at St. Elizabeth Family Center, located next to Ratliff Stadium in Odessa.This is a BYOB event, with set-ups,cokes,sprite,available for purchase. You may bring your coolers,we just ask that you bring cans and not(beer)bottles.Tickets are $15.00 per person, includes party favors, tamales, and menudo. Table reservations for 8 is only $20.00
Live music will be provided by The Tejano Express,playing all the hits of Latin Breed, Ruben Ramos,Little Joe, and many others.There will also be DJ music during the intermissions.For more information see the flyer here on the TejanoVibes website, or call 432-296-9100.
Happy New Year to all!

Re: It's Midnight somewhere ...Let's Party !!

If its the same band as last year, I'm not going to miss it.

Yes Sir !...same band as last year. They have added two more members...keyboard player and a trumpet player that can also sing. These guys are local Band Directors in area schools that love Tejano music. Since they are out of school for the Holidays, it's a perfect time for them to "practice what they preach" to their students. It's going to be an awesome time !

Those guys sure are talented. Very different from other local bands.

15 bucks is a little much for a local band that has just formed together, a year ago now you said?.. They must be that good.. I would be more considerate of it, if the cover wasn't that high for a band that i've never heard of.. Tamales and Menudo is an okay deal to get people to go too, but what happens if people leave early or don't get there cut of the comida or already have some ready at home?.. lol. Sorry! Javier Galvan is charging the same at the door and 10 bucks pre-sale.. So I think that is more of a bargain and someone I know.. JAJAJA!! no te creas.. Hope you have fun at your event..
Happy New Year!!!!!

I think it's cheap. BYOB, no cooler fee, free menudo and tamales. Que mas quiere?

ha,ha, you had us going there. It is a fundraiser for the Knights............to help out their local catholic church and catholic charities which in turn helps out the whole public. I assume the others will benefit themselves or the club owner that is promoting the event. Any how, a lot for the people to choose from. I did attend this event last year. The cliental were very friendly and enjoyed themselves. Not a club scene with club problems.

These guys are very talented and to my undertanding have had the opportunity to play professionally at one point or another. They have other careers that they chose to do.

lol. Well. too bad all the other tejano events that I have heard of aren't going to be held in a club scene either. lol.. And from my understanding the other events like the Javier Galvan's dance is also benefiting some kind of a cause as well, so there is not really much of a difference other then having a band or an artist that is actually known and another is having free food and a band that is unknown, it's intriguing. But not for everyone.
Opinion matters here right?....................
Like I said.. Have fun at your event and I will do the same at which ever one I choose to go to and whoever has the best band playing that I want to see and actually know of and know that I will get my money's worth and have a great time and will still be benefiting for someone else in need either way.. Sorry!!!!!