General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LIVE Djs Lets show the Other Station www.tejanosbest.com

My first time to post but just would like to say thanks for all your efforts. Being a native Midland man I am proud of keeping La Onda Tejana Alive and thanks for all you do. But could you guys add a LIVE Dj lineup to the site?? Thier is a NEW internet station, well been around for about a year now, that has a great model its out of the metroplex FtWorth/Dal its called tejanosbest.com. I propose we challenge them in making this site a LIVE Dj site like thiers. Lets show them we can do it too Midland/Odessa!!!

Re: LIVE Djs Lets show the Other Station www.tejanosbest.com

TejanoVibes will have live DJs soon. We're going to have a brand new studio, plus the website will have a brand new look too! So please check back for more details.

-Ray Fuentez

That is great news! Is there a time frame for this???

Hey Ray, I'm thinking about becoming a Tejano DJ on radio. I have some Ideas on how to put on a kick-ass show since I have played Tejano music for 40 plus years. I don't have the courage to do it, but I am working on it. Hopefully you can give me a chance on TejanoVibes Radio. If I decide to do it. Thanks!

I was the same way...I've always been the shy guy...still am, but Tejano music brings out the best in me.

Anyway, if you're interested lets get together soon and talk about it. Our goal is to have live DJs on a full time basis.

Time frame is late Spring, early Summer...si Dios quiere.

I took Midland Tejano's advice and logged on to Tejanosbest.com Radio to see what it was all about. Glad I did...awesome station, just like TejanoVibes. I chatted with several listeners, from all over D/FW and other cities.Yes, they do have live DJ's,and also a "different" approach to getting DJ's to work there.They currently have DJ's on the air from Amarillo,Austin, and other cities accross the State.Their thinking is that it gives a wider range of musical taste to their listeners, and listeners can get an idea of the music being played and enjoyed all over Texas. Also, some of the daytime DJ's work at night and DJ during the day. Freddy Canizalez is the master mind behind this station. I had heard of him before from my friends,The Latin Express,just didn't dawn on me he was the same guy.
It's always good to hear new ideas and share with others. It can be great help and support to the Tejano music effort all over Texas. I look forward to all the new changes in store for TejanoVibes. I will always be a supporter. Keep up the great work and I know that we can all benefit.
Also, I want to give a shout out to La Spider,DJ Mousy,DJ Cat,& DJ Critical, and all my new chatter friends at Tejanosbest.We are all in this for the music....right Ray?
DJ Jody O....has a nice ring to it !!