General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Radio DJs'

Great job on the music Tejanovibes but I wanted to complain about another so called radio station. Koza1230, they claim to have a website but all there is are pictures, what is it with these guys? And then they have these so called djs that don't do nothing but play music. Djs are supposed to be fun and outgoing on the station, these guys are just there for...well i don't know why they're there. Then, all the songs are the same songs, you know what song is next because they're all the same ughh! If people want Tejano music back on Fm, i think they need to complain about this am station so they can acutally have listeners and better djs!!!!!! THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT T.V.

Re: Radio DJs'

Well I have noticed that KOZA1230.com has a page error to begin with. Unfortunately since the internet isn't available everywhere I go, I have only La KOZA Tejana 1230am to listen to whenever I am driving, well in Odessa anyway because the signal of 1230am doesn't reach past W Loop 250 in Midland! Yes, I do think La KOZA needs to step their music up and offer more of a variety instead of always having the computer set to play the same music over and over again! They should model after Magic 93.7FM in Lubbock, that Tejano station is the BEST TEJANO FM STATION AROUND! And no other DJ than Nick went beyond just playing music, I mean he would often interview artist and with Pete and Robert, I don't recall ever hearing them interview anyone!

Why don't you guys from Tejanovibes go show them how it's really done!!!!! Yesterday I heard Pete TRYING to mix, hahahahaha! This guy!!!!!! If anything they should just let their rotation just play. I like what 'listener' said...if you want Tejano to get back on FM, get some actual DJs and stop messing around with amateurs.

C'mon man quit dissing the dj's. At least they are making an effort to keep tejano alive.

Re: Radio DJs' The TRUTH be told..VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

ok here's the deal yall. 1st of all when tejano did come back on 1230 it WAS the tejano vibes radio show, then there was a falling out of some sort. i dont think nick is on the air anymore but robert is by far the most experienced "radio" dj there and in the area but unfortunately he can ONLY do so much with what he has and thats an A.M station and yes it does suck that midland cant get it as well. Pete does a pretty decent job but yall are right, they need more ANIMO!! ben jammin or whatever his name is sounds like he just woke up everytime he opens his mouth(ben sleepin lol). any ways heres the kicker. WE can have Tejano on fm if Richard Esparza wasnt such a 2 faced S>O>B, Mthfkr!! Dont let him fool u with bringing in Tejano groups etc.. to him its about the almighty dollar and believe u me if he REALLY cared about Tejano and us DIE HARD Tejano fans then he would have made some effort, be it a small one, to play Tejano when he was over at La Ley and even Ricky Ramos could have done something. Now richard is over there at la caliente with sonny(i think they are trying to buy the station) and again, Sonny has ALL the power to play Tejano, even a show on sundays would be nice) IF he REALLY wanted to! Richard and Sonny are 2 peas in a pod and only see dollar signs. I know for a fact that these 3 "regional mexican" radio stations that ALL play the same crap do this because WE as tejanos DO NOT spend the same kind of money as fkn norteno people, oops excuse me "regional mexican" people do(so they say) <<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>anyways... Richard will show up at tejano functions etc.. just to give people the illusion hes all for it but truth be told he doesnt care about me, you la koza tejana, tejano vibes, NOTHING!! And by the way this isnt venting its the honest to GOD truth. Our problem is as tejanos, especially now, is that we step over one another and cant seem to unite thats why tejano vibes walked away from K.O.Z.A. and though la koza tejana IS making an effort we still have people bashing it but at least they are making an effort but the problem with that is that its owned by ben velazquez and it will be a cold day in hell b4 he airs any tejano over q108(unless someone buys it for the 2.8 million hes asking for it) and if you notice, most of the commercials that are on la koza are other businesses ben v. owns. if yall really want tejano over fm channels then we have to UNITE, get in richard and sonnys face and DEMAND it be played and since the guys here at tejano vibes have the best relationship with them, then maybe this time it can be done cuz rememeber it was attempted once b4 a few years ago(it was la mera mera then) and AGAIN theres was a falling out! cmon ray fuentes step it up brother and get something going again on la caliente. talk to sonny and richard and dont let them SELL you the show, which is what they do, yes get your sponsors(radio advertisers) and get'er done! lets all get 2gether sat nite with david lee and ram and show these norteno ****** that we Tejanos do know how to unite and can have fun with out all the drug dealin activity!! btw Gran Marquez ALWAYS has a better turn out when theres a Tejano function than a norteno!!!

Everyone of you dj's suck...Tejano Vibrators!!! They are gay that why they have that name.. ZORRO!!!

Thats the problem with all you Tejanos. You dont support each other and all you want to do is cry. You should unite and help each other out. But hell no you want to down each other and stations playing Tejano music!!! Well its only a matter of time before Tejano music is gone once again.. Regardless if its on the internet or on am radio its only a matter of time before its gone.. Got to love Norteno just like Richard Esparza and tolerate the Tejanos for now..

It really doesn't matter who brings who to perform. If you want to go out and watch your favorite artists, you would go, or are you the type to check who brought them. Dam I wish I had your time! And if I were you, while I'm at it, with all that energy you have to type...go buy you're own tejano radio station and see if there would be any businesses out there to advertise with you since you sound like the professional type! And get your own djs' to play your music.
It's called "BUSINESS"! If you don't like norteno, well don't listen to it! If you're Tejano Por Vida...don't complain! You're getting what you want but still you complain ! And it's funny that you should mention ben-jammin cause from what I understand he's just there part-time. When I do get a chance to listen to him he's always the one with "animo"! As for Pete and Robert their the ones to keep the station goin, just wish they put on some more new music though! Other than that....dam glad to have Tejano on radio. Thanks T.V. and KOZA

Right On Confused! Don't be confused brotha!! lol. You seem to have your head on straight and know what your taking about and at least making sense bro!!

WE NEED MORE OF YOU TEJANO"S OUT THERE TO STEP UP N SAY SOMETHING TOO, TO LET THESE FOOLS KNOW WHAT"S UP!! WE GOT NORTENO"S COMING IN HERE TOO, PUTTING IN THERE 2 CENTS NOW!! COME ON GENTE!!

its not complaining confucious. 1st of all if i had 3 million dollars i would buy a station and i know exactly the Tejano djs that would make it rock! 2nd of all i do support the artist but what u dont seem to understand, obviously, is that the 3 stations that all play the same crap play it because you, me and every other "hispanic, latino, Mexican American" those of us BORN here and live and breathe Tejano Music are counted as part of the "Norteno" group that these stations are targeting. i enjoy most types of music and theres very few norteno, some country, hip hop, 70s/80s and other spanish types that i like. I am not hating Mexican people i am hating on what has happened to OUR culture from these radios stations to dictate who is of more importance! In case you havent noticed midland/odessa is not big enough for 3 stations that all play the same crap. trust me confart i know a lot more bout this than i am leading on, A hell of A LOT more!. maybe Ben jammin had a redbull the day you listened to him but when i have heard him( more than 1 occasion) he lacks animo and like i said pete does a decent job and robert is obviously the more exprerienced one. i dont know if u live in midtown or od but la koza is very staticy here in midland but i do listen to it when i go to or am in odessa and tejano vibes whenever i get a chance. oh and by the way it does matter who brings the band because the dances/concerts would be A LOT better packed and more profitable for everybody(especially the artist who make a living off this) if their music was being played on at least one of these fm stations. more tejano people would listen which leads to more exposure for the artist(their music sells more) which bring aboard more adverisers which leads to better rating for the stations which leads to better attendance at the dances/concerts and so on and so on..i dont hate anybody so please dont get me wrong but i know people(myself included) who are in depth with who does and says what and why etc... and yes it is called "BUSINESS" a business that doesnt care about the Tejano Indusrty or culture, you or me and like i said richard, sonny, ricky ramos all have or had the power and discretion to put Tejano music on the fm air waves but CHOOSE not to but its because of la koza and tejano vibes and these forums that we still have Tejano because it always keeps the fight alive and sparks and resparks interest in those who have or about to give up hope. btw, you have 3 million dollars i can borrow?

With all this name calling and accusations, it won't be long before Tejano is gone again. Then we will be back to nothing. C'mon my tejanos grin and bear it. Some is better than none at all. When tejano music started playing again on the airwaves it was great. Tejanovibes, La Koza, and others started bringing groups back. The summer concert series was a blast while it lasted. Sure alot of the bands that were brought were old school but it still counts as tejano. Old school new school it doesn't matter to me. Its tejano music. People don't knock the other genres of music, if you don't like it don't listen to it plain and simple. They have their thing and we have ours. As long as everyone complains about this and that we will never advance any farther than we are now. Tejanos Unidos is what we need. C'mon raza lets unite and keep tejano music alive for our sake. I just had to put in my 2 cents worth.

Hey Mario, well said sir. with all due respect, i am not normally a name calling bashing type of person but if you heard the things that i have about how a lot of the norteno people talk about us here it will furiate you big time and the fact that the 3 crappy fm radio stations are suppose to represent ALL the hispanics in the area????? in the words of keyshawn johnson and the espn gang...CMON MAN!!!! lol seriously tho, its not about well if you dont like it dont listen to it, its about representation and TEXAS pride. i have spoke to richard personally a while back when he was at la gay and he flat out said he wouldnt do anything on the air that had to do with tejano because we're a lost cause and the norteno market is more appealing. really? you have guys running/managing these stations that are from here whom at one time adored tejano for all it stands for and yet they get put into power positions and REFUSE to show us the love, cmon even a sunday show wouldnt hurt anything. perfect example. listen to la variedad in san angelo. when the tejano station got bought out there was nothing for only a very short time but the ex-program director decided to pitch a format to the onwers/mgt from the 107.5 and they actually have a pretty decent variety of music...tejano, norteno, spanish rock, duranguense etc.. but my point is that they came to a compromise and its not just a sunday thing its an everyday things and on weekends they have special 4-5 hour tejano shows but by far the best station on a good cloudy day here is magic 93.7 in lubbock. i care a lot about a lot of things but man like i said if you knew and heard the stuff i know and heard, thats why i am trying to get my point across but some of you obviosuly dont care and really dont understand thers a terrible dark side to all of this that i have literally almost come to blows trying to defend the Tejano i so much love and adore. ok tag your it lol

I think the bottom line is if you don't like it, don't listen to it. I listen to La Koza, when I can get it. If I want to hear Tejano music, I turn it to La Koza or listen to my CD's on my work computer or in my car. At home, I stream Tejanovibes. I can honestly say that I haven't listened to any of the spanish format stations in well over a year, if not longer. It's not for me. I would rather listen to country, rock or even hip hop, if I'm not listening to Tejano. I guess that is my little form of protest against the nontejano playing spanish stations. I only wish we could consistently find a forum to find out what Tejano acts are coming. I do always check Tejano Vibes first, then Eventful. It works for me. By the way, I hope everyone caught Emilio last night on Don Francisco. It was a very emotional interview. Much blessings!

hey cinder wsup girl? well said and i respect that. you mentioned something about emilio. see if we had an fm tejano(24hr) or a more informed am tejano( i mean these guys are there part time, not bashing) fulltime radio..n e ways how many more people would have watch don fransisco, i know i would have had i known. i hope u understand where i am coming from

hey david gay!!! i bet u would love a tejano vibrator up ur azz huh?!?!? u and joe the ho can do each other and by the way zorro was a spaniard dumb azz!!!

People.. All we gotta do is come together, to get it all going again.. It's up to the gente and the gente alone!! There are alot of people, who are under a rock and some who have no clue as to what is going on or that a certain show is going on or whatever, many in whom don't have access to a computer or are just plain old school and are still in the old days and don't know how to use a computer, lol. just kidding.. So if you hear of an event or something going on around here and the surrounding areas.. Let people know, Spread The Word!! Simple as that!! We have had plenty of events with GREAT Turnouts at every one of em and from all over the place!! So there is no doubt that we can get this sh*t going again and back onda map and maybe even stronger than it was before.. It's up to us!! Stop with all the drama and negativity.. Support this music as well as each other!! It's up to you folks!! Demand and Request More Tejano in this area.. Wont hurt to try!!

WOW!!! Don"t know if i should put my two centavos in??

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL...

It feels to me like we're falling a little bit. We need to quit dissing each other and start uniting and supporting each and every station, website, club, promoter and local band that is doing their part to keep Tejano Music alive in West Texas. All of this pointing fingers and choosing sides bull**** isn't helping our cause.