General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DLG & RAM

Let's see, where to begin. It's been a long time since I've seen Ram live and I do believe he still has what it takes to wow the crowd. Richard Solis on drums and getting to meet one of the very best in the industry was a huge honor. He's a monster behind the set and knows how to run the core. Percussion was outstanding on cumbias as well. Bouquet de Rosas, wow the ladies sure did run up to the front of the stage pushing us out of the way. IT, you were right, lol. Ram's voice surely hasn't deteriorated through the years and set the bar very high for DLG. I didn't catch last years show when Ben made his first home coming so I was excited to see a Midland native to perform along side one of the greatest bands whom produced many hall of famers. The crowd was great and made lots of noise. A gig specially dedicated to his grandfather made it very touching for everyone. If you didnt get goosebumps when wowie and David mentioned it, either you weren't paying attention or pedo already. Also, it was a true test for Ben as he forgot his "security blanket" (lyric book) in San Anto, btw David Lee said he passed the test, lol. Great job and overall, an awesome turn out. Tejano is alive and well here in west Texas. I heard Ruben/fama was a great turn out and Vida was a packed house both on Friday night. Sold out crowd for Saturday = great job for the fans and promoters. ~Support Tejano Music, making it's way back to West Texas~

Re: DLG & RAM

Hahahaha!!! It was good to see you again Jaime! Even though you didn't know who I was at first, lol!!! You did a great job with music and MC'n. Can't wait 'til the next one! Laterz Bro!!!!!

It was good seeing ya too amigo. Yea at first I didn't recognize you, had to do a double take, lol. And all I had was water that night, imajinaté if I was drinking, nombre! Lol. Thanks for the kind words on the DJin and MCin, had a blast. Hope to see ya again brotha. Take care amigo.

wow i havent been here in a minute lol....i agreee it was an awesome night, crowd was energized and ram rocked the house as well as dlg and gang. i think benny did a phenominal job(i missed him last time as well)billy "whos that gringo" was there too lol. i went to ruben and fama fri, good crowd there too and passed by cabanas and they looked pretty packed as well(i had 2 be up early for work). all in all it was an awesome tejano filled weekend. its a great testament to whats never been "dead", our beloved tejano. what i liked about the gran marquez dance was the fact that there was quite a noticible younger crowd there as well which really re-enforces the fact that its being passed on to a younger generation. Sadly the advertisements can be better and on a broader scale but nevertheless it was a great turnout! God Bless all of you and long live Tejano!!

I have no idea if you heard David Lee or not but I was dissapointed.. The singer sucked but at least Ram did a good job...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoooooooa! Whoever this other imposter is, you need to come up with your own name first of all bro! And I was at that show,, the new singer did just fine! That is just your rude a$$ opinion. It was a bad a$$ show overall.. How about you make sure to come up with your own screen name next time you post fool and stop making me or anybody else on here look like an a$$, just because your too lazy or scared to do that, only to get others in trouble with your words jacka$$!!!!

Ramon, you're right on the younger crowd. I did notice that as well. Maybe it did have that effect because of Ben? Who knows but you're right. The other thing is that they were dancing and enjoying themselves. I do agree on the advertisement. I don't think TejanoVibes had a commercial playing either. Although the flyer was up. With not much advertising going on in other places, the turn out was great! Tejano forever, that is your opinion and it is a free country. I did mention at the dance that we'd like your feedback and so that is your opinion. In my opinion, he did a great job and it's nice to see a follow midlander on stage with one of the best bands in the industry. The Real Tejano Forever, I do agree that maybe we'd need to register our names in order to post. Be it, your true name or screen name. It should be registered to where no one else can use it. Have a great day 'y que sigue la onda!!

lol next thing you know the REAL real tejano forever will be coming out j/k guys but seriously, will the real tejano forever please stand up lol j/k again ok ok no seriously i reiterate(hows that for my midland college edumacation lol) that ben did a fantabulous(made up word) job!! i think the fake tejano forever went to a fake dlg dance where there was a fake ram and a fake benny too lol some type of parallel universe perhaps jaime ben did draw the younger crowd(good catch there) i was told there was close to 900 ppl there, not bad considering the lil advertising and 3 big groups the night b4. God Bless and long live Tejano!!!!!!

Tejanoforever has the right to his/her opinion...nonetheless, I was the one on that stage having a blast and I truly felt the energy from all of my friends and family of Midland. Thanks Jaime and Ramon for the great comments. I will do my best to make Midland proud and have a blast up there...after all that's all I ever dreamed of doing...will tejanoforever put a damper on that for me?...nope...God bless!

WELL SAID BEN AND YOU ARE WELCOME. SEE YOU AT STRAWBERRY FEST!!!