General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tejano radio

I just heard KOZA 1230 is going off the air. Changing the format. I seen it coming.

Re: tejano radio

Yes I spoke with Stan at a golf tournament not too long ago and he did mention this to me. Although what's the true inside of the why's, I couldn't say, other than it being mentioned that there was low support to their organization. But he mentioned the format was gonna change but still have some Tejano in it. Good luck to there organization.

Bummer. Well maybe they know something we don't know. People dissin' the station doesn't help either.

I agree, dissin' doesn't help but unfortunately it does happen. It catches up eventually. Be it to their station, our station, or just in general. The format here will still be the same with new music added constantly. We appreciate the listeners and thank you for keeping it locked on!

~Support Tejano Music~

Unfortunately since LA KOZA Tejana was on an AM radio dail and the music programmed on there was often dissed on, they decided to pull the plug on La KOZA Tejana! I guess the Permian Basin just isn't ready for an FM Tejano station or any Tejano radio station for that matter! Although KOZA 1230am signal didn't reach far, not even into the middle of Midland, it was great having a Tejano format station in the Odessa area but now it's gone yet again! As far as I know, Lubbock and San Antonio are the two nearest cities that offer a Tejano station! I know we can listen to Tejano anywhere but there's a sense of community when its on the local radio which is something we're missing but thank goodness for Tejanovibes!

i don't think anybody really cares! life goes on,you either like the music or you don't, we had an oppurtunity to rise to the ocassion and we blew it, no effort between us, just bussiness as usuall, under rated genre, heck if we were united we could turn this airplay thing around, just too many egos,way too many haterz,and our very own Tejanos,lIKE Esparza, Ramos and Velasquez, programing or owning all the FM spanish stations have betraded the chicano community,they only belive in the MIGHTY DOLLAR! and are scared to make the move just cause we don't show up in large numbers to the local dance hall, heck boycott the products, the stations, the sponsors and show them where the real power is , it's in the people! but as long as we play this selfish games, it will be what it is! and they will just continue doing bussness as usuall!

As it was mentioned as a comment in the FB postings, Bad business. I do agree, must be united and if it isn't, then it's a tough road. As it was shown, with the bad business going on, what makes anyone want to be a part of it? Here at TejanoVibes, we are open to many opinions, ideas, and are happy to be a part of any event that is happening. When it's about $, then yes the other guys that are promoting events are gonna go where the $ is. That's how some make their living que no? Although, it really doesn't have to be that way either. Some just see it as a living and that's all and nothing else really matters.

~ Support Tejano Music - Making it's way back to West Texas ~

Your missing the point

Missing the point when I agreed with what you said? Sure I added a lil extra but we are still having the chance and will not let it slip just because the FM stations are following the Mighty Dollar. The format isn't changing here and the goal, motive, or vision that we tejanos have will not change. It's all about the music.

Exactly Jaime,, Some folks just need to realize that we are in a new era now. Online radio is the new trend and is taking off now a days. So there is definitely nothing to worry about here. TejanoVibes is still standing strong and has been for 9 yrs! If your that ignorant or that much of a hater to not support what is still left and going tejano wise in west texas. Well that's your problem.. Koza was not the ONLY source for tejano around here. Sorry!! It's unfortunate about the whole KOZA thing, yes. But like I said.. TejanoVibes is still here, and who knows what more they will and can bring to the table!!

DJ Jaime
Missing the point when I agreed with what you said? Sure I added a lil extra but we are still having the chance and will not let it slip just because the FM stations are following the Mighty Dollar. The format isn't changing here and the goal, motive, or vision that we tejanos have will not change. It's all about the music.

Don't misunderstand me Jaime,i mean no harm ,yes it's all about the music and power to you and everyone at Tejano vibes,i have no ill will for u and i try not to burn any bridge! it is what it is bro,your work speaks for its selfve.

Tejano supporter please don't mke me the enemy,ive tackled the biggest giants in this industry defending what i believe in, you see only the people ,the listeners ,the consumers can make this industry grow,a radio station can not compete at a level of 12 market points without the demand.

Yes it is what it is and I know you did what you could as well. You can tell a difference when someone does care about the music and when one doesn't. It always comes across and it does speak for itself. The station competing at that level like you say can't make it, but it's better than what it was before, 0. The demand is there but also, it's almost like the "Tejanos" are out numbered by the "Nortenos". Meaning; 3 FM stations that are programed the same and going strong. Really,... we "need" that many in our area? No not really but it is what it is and it's supported. The true inside stories will never be told and probably shouldn't be, in which I do know some and it's just unfortunate. I try not to burn any bridges either and I do keep it about the music, the listeners, and all that comes with it. Like it should be. With that said, I do invite all the KOZA listeners to join us here on TejanoVibes. Same Goal, Same Motive, and Same Vision! Support the Music!

You know bro,i have so many things on my mind and so many things to talk about, i think i better just lay low low for now and lets see what the future holds. God Bess

Just an UPDATE: La KOZA Tejana 1230am is NOW CALLED QUE BUENA 1230AM but the station is still formatted as Tejano for the time being because the music program is in the works!

La buena no esta buena.

U got dat right!!

No mo drama!