THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
questions and contacts

Hello. My name is John Llewellyn Morris and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. My family moved from Morriston around the turn of the century to Canton, Ohio. They were tinworkers who became steelworkers. In fact my great, great grandfather was one of the fouders of the American Steelworkers Union. What I'm looking for is someone who can correspond with me via email and answer questions concerning Morriston and possibly link me with family members. I would also be interested in finding out more about Welsh culture, history, and language. Suggested books and/or links would be great. This cite is great. Thanks, John.

Re: questions and contacts

Hi John.

My name is John Jones, and although I grew up a Morriston Monkey, I actually now live about 17 miles away in Llanelli Carmarthenshire.

I am deep into Family History and Genealogy at present so I would be pleased to help you in any way that I can.

Just contact me at: jonny2@platinumoffice.com

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello. My name is John Llewellyn Morris and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. My family moved from Morriston around the turn of the century to Canton, Ohio. They were tinworkers who became steelworkers. In fact my great, great grandfather was one of the fouders of the American Steelworkers Union. What I'm looking for is someone who can correspond with me via email and answer questions concerning Morriston and possibly link me with family members. I would also be interested in finding out more about Welsh culture, history, and language. Suggested books and/or links would be great. This cite is great. Thanks, John.

Re: questions and contacts

Hi My father was a Gaffer(slang term for foreman)in the

Beafort Tin Works in Morriston before WW2 as was his father before him which kind of puts them in the historical range you are interested in.I briefly worked there as a Behinder

but left when called up for the Navy

What part of Morriston was your family from ?

Regards Dave Morris

Replying to:

Re: Re: questions and contacts

Hello Again "John"

I'm sorry I hope you haven't tried to contact me via the email address I left in an earlier reply.

Email address changed soon after and I forgot about the message too.

Anyway......... New email address is john jones@twlc.biz

Happy Hunting.

John

Replying to:

Hi John.

My name is John Jones, and although I grew up a Morriston Monkey, I actually now live about 17 miles away in Llanelli Carmarthenshire.

I am deep into Family History and Genealogy at present so I would be pleased to help you in any way that I can.

Just contact me at: jonny2@platinumoffice.com

Replying to: